Simms Warranty Experiences - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2021, 02:33 PM   #1
deerhunter5
Fightin Texas Aggie Class of ‘21

deerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Piratedeerhunter5 has been promoted to Pirate
Simms Warranty Experiences

The day finally came I busted a good hole in my G3’s. Had around 200 days in them in hard conditions and have a couple small leaks on the seams and one good hole just above the boot. I’m a little worried though because per the internet and people I know, it’s a 50/50 shot on if their warranty is worth sending it in or me fixing it myself. Anyone have any experiences?
deerhunter5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2021, 05:16 PM   #2
2thDr
Registered Users-pm+

2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate
Simms warranty

Try calling them first...they will tell you. I've sent a pair back and they took care of it
2thDr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2021, 06:13 PM   #3
[email protected]
Registered Users-pm+

EJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to Pirate
I've had great experiences with Simms wader repair and warranty. They usually cover normal wear and tear for a nominal fee, within reason. When my G4Z wader (about six years and many, many days afield fishing and waterfowl hunting) was deemed unrepairable by their Warranty Division, they offered a replacement wader at 50% off. Naturally, I took them up on the offer. Note: This applies to their Gore-Tex waders made in Montana...not sure about the lesser waders in their lineup. Call them for a Return Authorization number and ship 'em off.
EJ@TSFMag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2021, 06:39 PM   #4
irbjd
Registered Users-pm+

irbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirate
Not sure of extent of issues, but try fixing them yourself first. There are videos on YouTube on how to check for leaks with alcohol. I just mine back but only because they have a leak I can’t find. Repair time is 4-6 weeks.
irbjd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2021, 07:19 PM   #5
Lone-Star
Registered Users-pm+

Lone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to Pirate
Other than the time it takes for waders, always had a positive experience. in my experience they go over them real well and fix anything that needs fixing. If they can rehab them you will be set for awhile and if they are too old then you can usually get a new pair half price, worth it to me. Ive also sent in boots and such and they just straight up replaced them.
Lone-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2021, 09:23 PM   #6
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon 2nd to none

pre covid their warranty was 2nd to none. they've repaired or replaced a dozen or more items for me, no questions. I've sent stuff in completely worn out and they've repaired or replaced it. Now during covid I sent them a worn out rain slicker, and they sent it back. So I'd recommend calling, but they have an exceptional staff, those country folks always been really good on the phone.
c hook is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2021, 10:35 PM   #7
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
I had a light weight jacket for rain that feel apart at the seams inside out....
This was barley used...and no abuse

They said I could have 1/2 off a regular price item...

Not much they could do after more than one conversation....

That was the last Simms item I bought.... I use Patagonia and have had great warranty experience...even got the jacket replaced for less than the Simms discount price

I refuse to buy Simms waders when the Patagonia ones are just as good... or the academy ones will last me two seasons .....at 1/4 of the cost on sale
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2021, 11:01 PM   #8
Jkmoore03
Registered Users-pm+

Jkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddskipper View Post
I had a light weight jacket for rain that feel apart at the seams inside out....
This was barley used...and no abuse

They said I could have 1/2 off a regular price item...

Not much they could do after more than one conversation....

That was the last Simms item I bought.... I use Patagonia and have had great warranty experience...even got the jacket replaced for less than the Simms discount price

I refuse to buy Simms waders when the Patagonia ones are just as good... or the academy ones will last me two seasons .....at 1/4 of the cost on sale
I get liking the Patagonia stuff and not being happy with your warranty experience with Simms, but you can’t throw the cheap Academy Magellan stuff in there with it. That stuff is just junk. I’m not being a snob and advocating you have to spend $500 plus on gear for it to be good, but the academy stuff is just garbage. I’ve used the waders before when I needed something quick due to my regular gear being out of commission and it’s a [email protected] shoot whether it works or not. I see guys every year try to justify that stuff waterfowl hunting and half of them don’t make it a season with it.

To me you get a lot of peace of mind knowing gear like Simms & Patagonia (and some others) will work 99% of the time day in and day out. They all can and will fail at some point, but the likelihood of a failure is much higher and at a faster failure rate with the bottom end stuff. I haven’t had to use the warranty on any my number Simms gear yet, maybe I’m just lucky, but I hope I never have to find out how good/bad that process is. And that speaks to their quality right there. But gambling on cheap stuff getting me wet and cold isn’t worth the money savings.
Jkmoore03 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2021, 01:27 AM   #9
Rockfish2
Registered Users-pm+

Rockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to Pirate
I don’t duck hunt, so I’m not out there too often in what passes for bitter cold in Texas, but for my winter wadefishing purposes I actually like me some cheap neoprenes. I like how their buoyancy helps me float a bit in mud and if they leak they act a little like a wetsuit and you don’t get too cold. But I’d never trust those cheap Academy breathables. I’ve bought a few pairs because they’re so **** cheap, but I think you’re lucky to get 5 uses out of them before they leak. I’d put the over/under at 3.
Rockfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2021, 01:45 AM   #10
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
That much money for 200 days of use....? I'd be livid!
dk2429 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message