Easy trout limits - New vid - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-05-2021, 08:56 AM   #1
brad king
Registered Users-pm+

brad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Pirate
Cheers Easy trout limits - New vid

Good morning 2 coolers, yesterday was my last day of vacation so I made a quick solo run back to West Bay. After a long struggle I finally located them. Hope you Guys enjoy this new video!!
brad king is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2021, 09:24 AM   #2
Gofish2day
Registered Users-pm+

Gofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to Pirate
Enjoyed the vid as usual.
I noticed at the beginning of the vid you were fishing kinda fast for trout on Jan 4th with 60 degree water. You did slow down a bit and started to catch fish.
Grew up in SE Louisiana below New Orleans catching trout by the chest full in the winter. Nothing like winter trout fishing. Been here for 16yrs and live in N Houston so mostly freshwater now.
Gofish2day is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2021, 10:00 AM   #3
brad king
Registered Users-pm+

brad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofish2day View Post
Enjoyed the vid as usual.
I noticed at the beginning of the vid you were fishing kinda fast for trout on Jan 4th with 60 degree water. You did slow down a bit and started to catch fish.
Grew up in SE Louisiana below New Orleans catching trout by the chest full in the winter. Nothing like winter trout fishing. Been here for 16yrs and live in N Houston so mostly freshwater now.
Yes Sir, I have some very bad habits from being a kid fishing for Spanish Mackerel off piers and bridges. I tend to work a lure very fast, something I work on a lot to improve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2021, 12:11 PM   #4
txtan
Registered Users-pm+

txtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I have this same issue Brad. I tend to do it a lot and always catch myself.
txtan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2021, 03:04 PM   #5
brad king
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtan View Post
I have this same issue Brad. I tend to do it a lot and always catch myself.
It can for sure hurt you during the colder months!!! I am the worlds worst, LOL
Old 01-05-2021, 05:17 PM   #6
Gofish2day
Registered Users-pm+

Gofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to Pirate
back in New Orleans we used to just barely drag double lures during the cold months. Diff days slower or faster. In the Delacroix island area where I grew up there were miles of shallow marshlands with thousands of lakes and ponds. The oil companies cut this marsh to pcs with pipelines. During the cold snaps these deep areas would flood with trout. Ice chest were the measure of limits.
one trip I took the guys from work. By 8am we had 75 in the ice chest all 12-14 inch fish. Tried for Reds all morning long an nada. Tried a little canal and bam 8lb trout. You don't see that large of a fish in the marsh. Played catch and released about 40 fish all 3-8lbs till we were tired.
I have friends who went last week and loaded up with 25 fish spec limits.
Great fishing there with alot of area to fish
Usually go back every year at least once but Covid kept me here.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:24 PM   #7
brad king
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
back in New Orleans we used to just barely drag double lures during the cold months. Diff days slower or faster. In the Delacroix island area where I grew up there were miles of shallow marshlands with thousands of lakes and ponds. The oil companies cut this marsh to pcs with pipelines. During the cold snaps these deep areas would flood with trout. Ice chest were the measure of limits.
one trip I took the guys from work. By 8am we had 75 in the ice chest all 12-14 inch fish. Tried for Reds all morning long an nada. Tried a little canal and bam 8lb trout. You don't see that large of a fish in the marsh. Played catch and released about 40 fish all 3-8lbs till we were tired.
I have friends who went last week and loaded up with 25 fish spec limits.
Great fishing there with alot of area to fish
Usually go back every year at least once but Covid kept me here.
Sounds like every Fishermans dream!!!! I used to fish Redfish tournaments outta Delacroix, that is an amazing place!!!
Old 01-05-2021, 09:26 PM   #8
Gofish2day
Registered Users-pm+

WOW - you know the place.
Hopedale and Delacroix are where I grew up fishing and shrimping.
I knew it like the back of my hand when no GPS was available.
Vast marshland!
Old 01-06-2021, 07:11 AM   #9
brad king
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
WOW - you know the place.
Hopedale and Delacroix are where I grew up fishing and shrimping.
I knew it like the back of my hand when no GPS was available.
Vast marshland!
Yes Sir, we used to stay at the little cabins just up from the boat launch. That is an amazing place, I've been telling Corey we need to go spend a weekend there fishing.