Kingfish 6-16 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Today, 05:10 PM   #1
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Cool Kingfish 6-16

Got an invite to go out of Galveston kingfishing yesterday and took the ride out to a rig with Trapperjon and his BIL, Jason.
The GOM was in incredible shape, fine blue water and hungry fish.
First one of the day was 40" that started things off with a bang. Then another couple of good ones that hit trolled lures.
Then we fished the down current side of the rig with free lined sardines and it got wild fast.
A four way hook up, three kings, all landed, and an unidentified monster that hit the live bluerunner dropped down on a bottom rig. It got sawed off by my king that ran under the boat and tangled in it.
Four more times we had three kings hook up at once, but only landed one each of those times.
A big jack (37" to the fork of it's tail) took my sardine and I battled it out for an hour and seven minuets. During that time Jason hooked up with a 5.5' black tip shark on the live blue runner,brought it to the boat and released it, all the while I was still slugging it out with the jack.
I finally get him in and he is as tired as I am.

Some more kingfish arrive and drive by slam the baits and we have eight in the box when somebody said something about a bite on the blue runner rig and in less than a second a huge sand bar shark goes airborne and flips over a 100 yards a way from the rig. It made a bigger splash than I have ever seen from anything.
Dang, the fight was on, we unhooked from the rig and Jason worked him slowly as we feathered the motor to keep from getting under the boat.
About an hour later Jason brings him to the boat, a huge 7 and half foot sandbar shark with beautiful contrast and he looked awesome in that blue gulf water.
Bolt cutters freed him at the hook and by them potlickers had tied to the rig right by our hook, took some doing to get it back without a boat crash.

At least three more large sharks were caught during the day and brought to the boat and cut loose, two more sand bars and one more black tip.

We moved on to another rig where we caught three nice red snappers and three Spanish macs along with vermilion snapper and a few mangrove.
Left the rig at 5:00 and headed back to the Texas City Dike launch and then on to beautiful Beacon Bay Marina on Lake Livingston clean our catch.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement