Flying kingfish hit my arm. - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-15-2020, 10:56 AM   #1
tommy261
Registered Users-pm+

tommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Pirate
Flying kingfish hit my arm.

As melissa and I were running back to the dike, we were crossing the ferry landing in the dark. All of the sudden something smokes my forearm. Hard enough to knock my hand off the steering wheel. Melissa said " what the hell was that? I looked around but didnt see anything in the boat. Once we put the boat on the trailer I found an undersize kingfish in the boat (23 inches) thought it was a Spanish mackerel but definitely had the lateral line of a king with faint spots 100% a king.. Glad I didnt have to tell that story to the game warden.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
tommy261 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2020, 09:48 AM   #2
Hawglife
Registered Users-pm+

Hawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to PirateHawglife has been promoted to Pirate
That's crazy! Cool as heck story!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Hawglife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2020, 11:24 AM   #3
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Good thing it was a small king. I've seen monsters skyrocket, and a big one could mess up your whole day.

I knew some guys who used to toss live bait fish in the water to get the kings up near the surface, and in a frenzy. They had a pretty big one skyrocket on one of those bait fish and land green in the boat. He said it made a mess of things before it finally ran out of gas.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2020, 09:10 AM   #4
tommy261
Registered Users-pm+

tommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Pirate
Pocjetty, we fished Galveston jetties that day and about a 30lb king, skyrocketed right by the boat.... haven't seen kings that close in awhile....fished yesterday, 6-16-20. And another king did the same. I did catch bluerunners at the jetties as well, maybe they are following the bait inshore closer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
tommy261 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #5
Capt_Gilligan
Trust me, I'm a professional.

Capt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Still have the scratches in the gel coat where one lit teeth first on the starboard gunnel. That happened at a (now gone) rig about 12 miles out of Freeport. There were threadfin everywhere and the kings were there too.
Capt_Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2020, 10:43 AM   #6
saltwatersensations
One more cast....

saltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Pirate
good eating size.
saltwatersensations is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2020, 08:28 AM   #7
flatland fisher
Registered Users-pm+

flatland fisher is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
my nephew and i were SPI several years ago and one jump over the boat i was on the bow he was in the back we looked down and what ever was chasing it was almost has big has my 24 ft boat--and yes ==WE NEED A BIGGER BOAT was talked about!! sometimes i think we all go fishing for the story not the fish!!
flatland fisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2020, 12:02 PM   #8
Permit Rat
Windknot Light Tackle & Fly

Permit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to Pirate
When fishing for kings, it's a good idea (especially when fly fishing) to remember to retrieve your bait/lure from an angle perpendicular to the rod and NOT in line with your body. A big-ish kingfish killed a guy in Key West, now some years ago, when he skyrocketed at his bait and hit him in the gut. The impact ruptured his spleen and the guy bled out before they could get him to the dock.

I know several people who have been hit by kings, mostly resulting in serious lacerations, but not death.
Permit Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message