Buying Reels off of EBay - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2020, 02:52 PM   #1
thirdcoastangler
Registered Users-pm+

thirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Buying Reels off of EBay

Friend recently recommended looking on ebay for reels. Found a Lew's LITE for about $80 less than normal for sale by 'sportsmanoutfitters'. Seems too good to be true. Anyone else have experience buying reels off EBay? Never used the site and could use some feedback.
thirdcoastangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2020, 02:57 PM   #2
mac8111
Registered Users-pm+

mac8111 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnermac8111 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnermac8111 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnermac8111 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnermac8111 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnermac8111 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnermac8111 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnermac8111 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnermac8111 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnermac8111 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnermac8111 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
I bought the Team Lite reels from them and it worked out perfect. I think I ended up buying two and they are my favorite reels in my arsenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mac8111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 03:06 PM   #3
dwstinge
Registered Users-pm+

dwstinge is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
If u will do a search on here there are multiple articles discussing purchases on eBay from that same seller.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
dwstinge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2020, 03:19 PM   #4
thirdcoastangler
Registered Users-pm+

thirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Riggerthirdcoastangler has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwstinge View Post
If u will do a search on here there are multiple articles discussing purchases on eBay from that same seller.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Before posting I came across an old Lew's thread where a couple guys had mentioned buying off EBay, but it was a few years old. Only this post comes up when searching 'sportsmanoutfitters' as well.

Thanks for sharing Mac.
thirdcoastangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 03:59 PM   #5
dunedawg
Registered Users-pm+

dunedawg has been promoted to Piratedunedawg has been promoted to Piratedunedawg has been promoted to Piratedunedawg has been promoted to Piratedunedawg has been promoted to Piratedunedawg has been promoted to Piratedunedawg has been promoted to Piratedunedawg has been promoted to Piratedunedawg has been promoted to Piratedunedawg has been promoted to Piratedunedawg has been promoted to Pirate
kingfish

I've bought many reels off ebay and never had a problem Just check seller rep and make sure they are not a brand new seller with few transactions.
dunedawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 04:09 PM   #6
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
I bought a Lew's Lite for $139 when they were selling for $239 at Academy. POC Jetty posted a thread on a deal alert on here one day,it was $170ish, but then Ebay had another coupon for 30% off. But yeah, no big deal buying reels on Ebay.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 05:04 PM   #7
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
All of my Lew’s and Shimano Stradics came from eBay. Legit, brand new in box. Often save ~30% when the sales are happening. Fast delivery service. I’ve had to return an item once and the refund processing was fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 05:05 PM   #8
reelthreat
Do you know who I think I am???

reelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Piratereelthreat has been promoted to Pirate
I have bought reels off ebay with no issue from reputable dealers...

With that said, I am really rough on reels and Lews Lite didn't hold up. I was stoked when I first got it and loved it. A month later no bueno. Hopefully you will have better luck.
reelthreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 05:23 PM   #9
Lone-Star
Registered Users-pm+

Lone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to Pirate
I’ve bought four Lews from them, no issues, fast shipping.
Lone-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 08:34 PM   #10
Blank Czech
Registered Users-pm+

Blank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to PirateBlank Czech has been promoted to Pirate
They (sportsman outfitters) also have a website and the owner posts in one of the big Lews groups on Facebook. He usually has the cheapest price, but right now American legacy outdoors, with their 10% off code, is a little bit cheaper on the custom lite.

I just bought one on Friday.
Blank Czech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message