Drum Bay from Freeport - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Unread 05-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #1
sniderr1974
Registered Users-pm+

sniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Pirate
Drum Bay from Freeport

All, is the path in red good for crossing Drum Bay to Christmas? Is Drum bay any good for fishing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sniderr1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2020, 03:12 PM   #2
eric.amason
Registered Users-pm+

eric.amason is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Helps to have a good tide and it gets a little narrow around the islands in the middle of Drum Bay. The red line you have is the exact path you take though. I don't fish too much in Drum bay, you almost have to have a Kayak due to all the oysters and water depth. Be extra carful to stay in between the reefs, as there are reefs on both side of the channel you have marked. It would be good if you can catch the water clear and then mark your route with GPS.
eric.amason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #3
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
I always took a right after rattlesnake point. It's sketchy all in there. Kinda scary going through rattlesnake because you need to go so close to it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #4
sniderr1974
Registered Users-pm+

sniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Piratesniderr1974 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.amason View Post
Helps to have a good tide and it gets a little narrow around the islands in the middle of Drum Bay. The red line you have is the exact path you take though. I don't fish too much in Drum bay, you almost have to have a Kayak due to all the oysters and water depth. Be extra carful to stay in between the reefs, as there are reefs on both side of the channel you have marked. It would be good if you can catch the water clear and then mark your route with GPS.

Thanks Eric, I have trout support so hopefully its already marked. Will have to look at GPS on boat to verify.

Unread 05-14-2020, 08:21 PM   #5
dwstinge
Registered Users-pm+

dwstinge is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane matt View Post
I always took a right after rattlesnake point. It's sketchy all in there. Kinda scary going through rattlesnake because you need to go so close to it.

This area got me this past Friday. Had to hop out and push unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
dwstinge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2020, 08:26 PM   #6
cclayton01
Registered Users-pm+

cclayton01 has been promoted to Piratecclayton01 has been promoted to Piratecclayton01 has been promoted to Piratecclayton01 has been promoted to Piratecclayton01 has been promoted to Piratecclayton01 has been promoted to Piratecclayton01 has been promoted to Piratecclayton01 has been promoted to Piratecclayton01 has been promoted to Piratecclayton01 has been promoted to Piratecclayton01 has been promoted to Pirate
What kind of boat are you running? I run a Alumacraft tunnel and it gets pretty hairy if it’s any kind of low tide.
cclayton01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2020, 08:28 PM   #7
sniderr1974
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclayton01 View Post
What kind of boat are you running? I run a Alumacraft tunnel and it gets pretty hairy if it’s any kind of low tide.

22 Kenner Tunnel, but it doesnt run as skinny as I would like.

Unread 05-14-2020, 08:45 PM   #8
Tightlines1984
Registered Users-pm+

Tightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to PirateTightlines1984 has been promoted to Pirate
Would it not just be better to run Intercoastal and then cutover at mouth to Bastrop and head west back towards Christmas? Not advising this is the right move just looking at map and trying to help with an option that looks safer. The path you carved out gets very skinny and it’s not somewhere you want to be pushing a boat. I know cause l have waded it....Super mucky!
Tightlines1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2020, 09:31 PM   #9
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
That red trail is about 6ft wide along some of that. Navigate cautiously. You can do it slowly the first time till you learn it. Dont learn it on plane.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2020, 10:47 PM   #10
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwstinge View Post
This area got me this past Friday. Had to hop out and push unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Dang. I run that through to the icw that way.

hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message