Destin Guide Recommendations please - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #1
MagicMichael
Registered Users-pm+

MagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Destin Guide Recommendations please

Headed to Destin for the first time in June. Can anyone recommend a guide in the area? Thanks in advance.
MagicMichael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2020, 08:41 PM   #2
MagicMichael
Registered Users-pm+

MagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerMagicMichael has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I forgot to add I would be looking for inshore fishing for trouts, reds, snook with my wife and 13 year old daughter.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:12 AM   #3
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
Not to disappoint you but I've been fishing Destin 2-3 times a year for at least 13 years and I've never been excited about the inshore fishing there. A few dink trout and the occasional redfish. The offshore game is where it's at and there are plenty of good charters and walk-ons you can get on for snapper, grouper etc.
I'd suggest the pensacolafishingforum dot com for better advice...lots more local knowledge there. Red snapper season opens June 11th for Florida.
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #4
MagicMichael
Registered Users-pm+

I appreciate your help. I will check it out.
Old 03-07-2020, 06:48 AM   #5
Lastone1
Registered Users-pm+

Lastone1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
X2 on crappy inshore. Go offshore
Lastone1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2020, 10:51 AM   #6
Blakevc
Registered Users-pm+

Blakevc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
First light charter boat. They will put you on the fish. They also troll baits out to the fishing grounds
Blakevc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2020, 08:36 AM   #7
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMichael View Post
I appreciate your help. I will check it out.
By the way, when are you going in June? I'll be there the week of June 14th with my bay boat. Weather permitting I'll be fishing up to 25 miles offshore for snapper, grouper and anything that tastes good. I typically have room on the boat during the week. I can comfortably fish 4 if we're bottom fishing.
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #8
fisheye48
Registered Users-pm+

fisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMichael View Post
Headed to Destin for the first time in June. Can anyone recommend a guide in the area? Thanks in advance.

head a little farther east to panama city. Its about an hour drive. Fishing is wayyyy better. Get with Grassy Flats Charters over there. Capt. Snapp is first class!!
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2020, 12:15 AM   #9
Aggieangler
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)

Aggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye48 View Post
head a little farther east to panama city. Its about an hour drive. Fishing is wayyyy better. Get with Grassy Flats Charters over there. Capt. Snapp is first class!!
Thanks for this tip. We go to Destin or Seaside area very few years and I have always looked at all the backwater areas near there and wanted to fish them. I will reach out next time we are down there to Capt. Snapp.
Aggieangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #10
gotmuddy
Registered Users-pm+

gotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirategotmuddy has been promoted to Pirate
We are going the last week of june, and plan on snapper fishing. Should be good.
gotmuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message