Paint for lures - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
glojim
Registered Users-pm+

glojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirateglojim has been promoted to Pirate
Paint for lures

I'm trying to dip the tail of a soft plastic paddle tail to make the tail chartreuse yellow but with no success

What kind of paint do lure makers use for soft plastics? I've tried the well known paint/dyes that are sold at academy/bass pro, etc but I can't seem to be successful.
glojim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 09:11 PM   #2
Ducktracker
Registered Users-pm+

Ducktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to Pirate
Barlow’s Tackle has about anything you will need in making lures.

Good fishing to all!
Ducktracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #3
Stevie_A
Registered Users-pm+

Stevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to PirateStevie_A has been promoted to Pirate
Dip it in white first.
Stevie_A is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2019, 04:03 PM   #4
brickbat
Registered Users-pm+

brickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbrickbat has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
paint for lures

Glo,

try the Spike-It Gamefish double ended pen. I have one that is chartreuse and red. When you apply the dye it looks as if it is not very bright, but the chartreuse really brightens in the water. Works really well. They also have a four pack of pens.

brickbat
brickbat is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2019, 07:33 PM   #5
RedFlounderBass
Bayou Burner

RedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to Pirate
I used to use the dip but now I use this. Lasts longer and no mess.

https://www.ispikeit.com/product/19/worm-n-chunk-paint
RedFlounderBass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2019, 08:02 PM   #6
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlounderBass View Post
I used to use the dip but now I use this. Lasts longer and no mess.

https://www.ispikeit.com/product/19/worm-n-chunk-paint
i was going to order the chartruse and orange to liven up some plain corkies i have. i bought a life time supply of corkies from Paul Brown when he lived off Fuqua. We frequented his la casa. From fat boy floaters my all time favorite and primarily what i use when throwing corkies, to regular fat boys, regular corkies, corkie devils, exta large corkie devels, to the broken back. A lot of them are plain, but i use them as i need. so lure paint would be awesome, but they wanted $14.25 to shipmy $10.50 order. Killed order then and there, amazon prime is free shipping, they set the bar for me.

Now do they have it??

Last edited by c hook; 11-25-2019 at 08:10 PM.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2019, 08:23 PM   #7
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon thks for info

found it on another site, shipping was $4.95, it's enroute. chartruse and orange, turn some blah/dull corkies into custom corkies.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2019, 12:16 AM   #8
RedFlounderBass
Bayou Burner

RedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
found it on another site, shipping was $4.95, it's enroute. chartruse and orange, turn some blah/dull corkies into custom corkies.
No problem. Yeah that’s ridiculous on that shipping charge from the manufacturer. I’ve bought it from Tackle Warehouse a couple times. I’ve been curious to try the clear sparkle color to add accents. The nail polish bottle is a no brainer-I’ve spilled the pink paint on my tackle room/guest room floor and I’m replacing the carpet with some laminate flooring now,lol.
RedFlounderBass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2019, 04:32 AM   #9
JimD
JimD

JimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to PirateJimD has been promoted to Pirate
15 years ago a lot of people had the dips and paints but the problem was they tended to set up after a while as volitle as the paints are. with the dips you need a white base most of the time for the spike it type dips.

The guy that does the flounder pounders used to sale the paint a couple years back. He had offered to sale me some at the time.
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2019, 08:31 AM   #10
chickenboy

chickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Piratechickenboy has been promoted to Pirate
Another posted the key to get a chartreuse tail. DIP IN WHITE FIRST

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk