Another personal best... - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2019, 10:07 PM   #1
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Another personal best...

...or actually first. Caught this diamondback terrapin turtle...it is over 2' long...in the back lakes of west bay! The redfish are getting that beautiful coloring to them. Nice day and sunset on the water today...
Attached Images

bwguardian is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2019, 10:09 PM   #2
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Beautiful day and sunset to boot!
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
sammytx
Registered Users-pm+

sammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Pirate
Looks like a Green Sea turtle to me. Interesting that it would be back in the bays.
sammytx is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2019, 09:54 AM   #4
bwguardian
archTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammytx View Post
Looks like a Green Sea turtle to me. Interesting that it would be back in the bays.
Yes, I think so too. A friend chimed in when I posted it on Fb and called it a diamondback terrapin. Once I got home and did a little research, I knew it wasn't given it's size...and the fact it had back flippers and not feet. It's beyond me too why it was way back in there, but nothing surprises me anymore after catching a large seahorse (twice) and a stone crab in a crab trap off the bank in a channel at a friends house in Sea Isle a week before hurricane Rita.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #5
Txredfish
Registered Users-pm+

Txredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to Pirate
Great pictures!
Txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2019, 11:50 AM   #6
Captain Allan Scott
Tiki Bay Fishing, LLC

Captain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of RiggerCaptain Allan Scott has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I assume you immediately released the turtle.
Captain Allan Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2019, 04:21 PM   #7
WillieT
Registered Users-pm+

WillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Allan Scott View Post
Personally I don’t think this deserves a response.
WillieT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2019, 09:28 PM   #8
ReelaxFishin
Registered Users-pm+

ReelaxFishin has been promoted to PirateReelaxFishin has been promoted to PirateReelaxFishin has been promoted to PirateReelaxFishin has been promoted to PirateReelaxFishin has been promoted to PirateReelaxFishin has been promoted to PirateReelaxFishin has been promoted to PirateReelaxFishin has been promoted to PirateReelaxFishin has been promoted to PirateReelaxFishin has been promoted to PirateReelaxFishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
They make excellent soup.
ReelaxFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #9
Spec-Rig.006
Trap AF ...

Spec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to PirateSpec-Rig.006 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Nope. She gone and done made turds!
Spec-Rig.006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #10
ShawnQ
Registered Users-pm+

ShawnQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
Yes, I think so too. A friend chimed in when I posted it on Fb and called it a diamondback terrapin. Once I got home and did a little research, I knew it wasn't given it's size...and the fact it had back flippers and not feet. It's beyond me too why it was way back in there, but nothing surprises me anymore after catching a large seahorse (twice) and a stone crab in a crab trap off the bank in a channel at a friends house in Sea Isle a week before hurricane Rita.

What is surprising about the stonecrab and the seahorses? They're both very common.

I've seen over a dozen green sea turtles in one day along the ICW in West Bay, near Harborwalk. They work the backside of those spoil islands...just like the reds/trout.
ShawnQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message