Chicken Boy Lures - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2019, 11:45 PM   #1
Ryan H.
Registered Users-pm+

Ryan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to PirateRyan H. has been promoted to Pirate
Chicken Boy Lures

alright, keep seeing photos of fish with what appear to be chicken boy lures hanging from their mouths.

Went to the website, seems like a smallish Texas company, which I like to support. Definitely a different style of lure for sure. Before I order some, what are y'alls favorite style and color?

How do you rig them?

Any other local Texas soft plastic makers I should check out?
Ryan H. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2019, 11:46 PM   #2
-Jake-
Registered Users-pm+

-Jake- has been promoted to Pirate-Jake- has been promoted to Pirate-Jake- has been promoted to Pirate-Jake- has been promoted to Pirate-Jake- has been promoted to Pirate-Jake- has been promoted to Pirate-Jake- has been promoted to Pirate-Jake- has been promoted to Pirate-Jake- has been promoted to Pirate-Jake- has been promoted to Pirate-Jake- has been promoted to Pirate
Marker 54 has some good lookin stuff

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
-Jake- is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 01:19 AM   #3
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
TroutSupport Lure Grasswalker is my go to.
sgrem is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2019, 07:57 AM   #4
EastTexasRancher
Registered Users-pm+

EastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to Pirate
Ryan, regarding Chuckenboy lures, like any other lure, it all depends on water color, time of year, etc. I like the “roach” this time of year, a curly tail like the whippin chicken. New penny is always a go to. As I move into fall and chase flounder, lighter color lures work well.

Pair them up with a jig head, weight depending on wind/tide.
EastTexasRancher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 08:14 AM   #5
Beaux
Registered Users-pm+

Beaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to PirateBeaux has been promoted to Pirate
Chickenboys are one of my go to lures in the marsh. Whippin chickin is one of my favorites. Color depends on water clarity and where you fish. Chicken on a chain is a classic, T Roach, Chicken on a bone, and new penny. Rig on a 1/4oz (or weight of your choice) jig and bounce it off the bottom.
Beaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 09:58 AM   #6
Blue Devil 7
Registered Users-pm+

Blue Devil 7 has been promoted to PirateBlue Devil 7 has been promoted to PirateBlue Devil 7 has been promoted to PirateBlue Devil 7 has been promoted to PirateBlue Devil 7 has been promoted to PirateBlue Devil 7 has been promoted to PirateBlue Devil 7 has been promoted to PirateBlue Devil 7 has been promoted to PirateBlue Devil 7 has been promoted to PirateBlue Devil 7 has been promoted to PirateBlue Devil 7 has been promoted to Pirate
I'm a big fan of the Bubba Clucker lures. I usually throw either Hoochie Mamma or Johnny Goldlfish. Put it on a 1/4oz jig head and swim it just off the bottom. If a redfish sees that, it will eat it!
Blue Devil 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 10:30 AM   #7
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Chicken Boy's are great for flounder... great time of year to start with them. Hey, don't get me wrong.. I love my bait for what it does... I have a lot of fans.. and the little bubba clucker is a motha ***** LOL. Great little bait and Joe is hilarious. Good guy.

Any of the Chicken Boys are great, pic your confidence color in either of them and get ya a couple packs; go to work.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:19 PM   #8
bubbas kenner
Gods blessings surround us.

bubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Pirate
Bubba clucker in Texas roach!!!!!
bubbas kenner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2019, 02:19 PM   #9
blackjack runner
Registered Users-pm+

blackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirate
TSL or CB

Cant go wrong with Joe and Chicken Boy, which one of my favorites is Bubba Clucker Red Headed Step child with 1/8 jig head:
OR truly enjoy Tobin's TSL Grasswalker Golden Roach or Plumtreuse rigged weedless.

Both of these plastics are very durable, and a necessary addition to your arsenal to catch quality fish.
blackjack runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #10
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jake- View Post
Marker 54 has some good lookin stuff

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Everyone else has hit on the Chicken Boy and trout support lures.

I really like the Marker 54 popping cork shrimp. I have a few, and we usually fish live shrimp under a popping cork around here. I keep one rigged up and will toss it along side my buddy who is using live shrimp and catch just as many as he does.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message