Monster Stone Crab Claw - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 08:23 PM   #1
Its Catchy
Banned

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
Monster Stone Crab Claw

I caught this monster in West Galveston Bay today. One of the biggest ones I've ever caught. I did not weigh it but it had to be 3/4 of a pound plus...

He tasted great and hopefully well on his way to growing another claw!
Attached Images

Its Catchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 09:50 PM   #2
loco4fishn
Registered Users-pm+

loco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirate
Wow!! I’ve never had stone crab. How does it compare to blue crab or snow crab? It looks like some serious shell to get the meat.
loco4fishn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2019, 09:56 PM   #3
Its Catchy
Banned

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco4fishn View Post
Wow!! I’ve never had stone crab. How does it compare to blue crab or snow crab? It looks like some serious shell to get the meat.
It's pretty easy to crack and eat if they are handled correctly. Do not ice or chill before cooking it makes the meat stick to the shell. Boil about 8 mins and eat with some melted butter.

As for the taste? The current price at Joe's Stone Crab House in Florida is 89.95 a pound for Jumbos. People don't pay that kind of money unless they taste spectacular...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 11:27 PM   #4
loco4fishn
Registered Users-pm+

loco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirate
$89/lb!!! So that’s about a $70-$75 claw. Guess I’ll stick to my blue/snow crab. Lol. Maybe a bucket list food.
loco4fishn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 04:06 AM   #5
jtburf
Back in da Saddle

jtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Piratejtburf has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco4fishn View Post
$89/lb!!! So that’s about a $70-$75 claw. Guess I’ll stick to my blue/snow crab. Lol. Maybe a bucket list food.
When in season Trulucks is very affordable.

Of course they are not in season right now.

John
jtburf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 10:24 AM   #6
mullet1422
Registered Users-pm+

mullet1422 has been promoted to Piratemullet1422 has been promoted to Piratemullet1422 has been promoted to Piratemullet1422 has been promoted to Piratemullet1422 has been promoted to Piratemullet1422 has been promoted to Piratemullet1422 has been promoted to Piratemullet1422 has been promoted to Piratemullet1422 has been promoted to Piratemullet1422 has been promoted to Piratemullet1422 has been promoted to Pirate
Its Catchys stone crab claws are always delicious big or small!!!
mullet1422 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 10:58 AM   #7
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtburf View Post
When in season Trulucks is very affordable.

Of course they are not in season right now.

John
if by "affordable" you mean $15-25 per claw....?
The only time I can enjoy stone claw appetizers at Trulucks is when it's on an expense account.
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2019, 12:22 PM   #8
batmaninja
Registered Users-pm+

batmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Piratebatmaninja has been promoted to Pirate
They have a $90 all you can eat claws on Mondays. Its a pretty good deal, especially if you combine the meals that I skip the next day.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2019, 07:18 PM   #9
redexpress
Registered Users-pm+

redexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirateredexpress has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Catchy View Post
It's pretty easy to crack and eat if they are handled correctly. Do not ice or chill before cooking it makes the meat stick to the shell. Boil about 8 mins and eat with some melted butter.

As for the taste? The current price at Joe's Stone Crab House in Florida is 89.95 a pound for Jumbos. People don't pay that kind of money unless they taste spectacular...
So, if I come across a stone crab and break the claw off, I'm not supposed to chill it? It doesn't spoil in 100F heat?
redexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2019, 07:49 PM   #10
Its Catchy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redexpress View Post
So, if I come across a stone crab and break the claw off, I'm not supposed to chill it? It doesn't spoil in 100F heat?
I keep a small ice chest in my boat with one of those frozen ice packs. So it stays cool but not ice cold. That way they don't spoil but are still easy to crack and clean...