Hd hero2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2019, 12:21 AM   #1
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon Hd hero2

is it out dated, or how does it perform? does it record audio? Been sitting up since new 2009/2010 time frame, will the battery be good?? It's charging now.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 01:25 AM   #2
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
I run a hero 6. Prefer removable batteries. The antijitter on the later models is superior to the hero2 from what I have seen.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #3
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon video quality

got it charged, going to play with a little. like to check the quality of the video. if it's good I plan on videoing a lot from here out. the blesse angler has inspired me after his huge trout were captured on videio. this thing has been sitting in closet long enough.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 12:44 PM   #4
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Is it outdated? yes. Will it work though? Yes. To me the Hero 2 was still when GoPro was experimenting when building their cameras. When the Hero 3 came out it started the "modern GoPro" of what it is today. It's funny.. I see people spend $400 on the brand new Hero 7 and what not. All of mine are Hero 3's that I bought WITH accessories and multiple batteries for well under $400. They all have 1080 60fps capability, but most usually run 1080 30fps like myself. The audio is great, they are just great cameras. I find them on Craigslist and OfferUp all the time for about $60-$70 with accessories. They work perfect, and there's no need for me to drop $400 on the newest one while the Hero 3 does just as good.

I put a lot of my money toward batteries and quality SD cards. I like to have 6 fully batteries for each camera (usually only take 3 on a trip.) Each runs a 64gb SanDisk Extreme Plus card that gives about 9hrs 30mins of footage which is plenty for a full day. One camera with 6 batteries running all day on 1080 30 will go about 7hrs.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me! I've been using GoPros for years

Last edited by dk2429; 08-11-2019 at 12:51 PM.
dk2429 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 02:39 PM   #5
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Went with the 6 because same as the 7 but just missing the software lock to Livestream to myspacebook which I don't care about. The vox commands are convenient. Happy with it !

Old 08-11-2019, 03:07 PM   #6
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane matt View Post
Went with the 6 because same as the 7 but just missing the software lock to Livestream to myspacebook which I don't care about. The vox commands are convenient. Happy with it !

To each their own! The Hero 3 suits me fine because once I hit the record button, that's all I need.
dk2429 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #7
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

What do you use for post processing btw?

Old 08-11-2019, 06:00 PM   #8
Bird
No fish in West Bay

Bird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to Pirate
I used my Hero 2 just the other day. I have tons of accessories for it and it does what I need it to do. I'd like to get a 6 or a 7, especially with hypersmooth but I don't video enough to justify the expense. I use the GoPro program for video editing and then do the movie work in iMovie on my old MacBook.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 06:03 PM   #9
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
I shot a lot of stuff with a hero 2. Put it on 1080 setting and let it roll. I don't like how the new ones have motion stabilization as it causes all sorts of weirdness. So I set it to the old settings. Clamp it to the rail of your boat and let it shoot the action. it shoots good footage.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #10
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

Yeah no need for shooting 4K that I have found. They are fun to use just takes some time after the action to make something worthy to present. Have hours of footage just no time to mess with it. Cinelerra or avidemux on Linux.