Thumping for stripers and other species - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2019, 04:07 PM   #1
scubaarchery
Registered Users-pm+

scubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Thumping for stripers and other species

We use a device called a thumper to attract stripers, white bass and hybrid striped bass. Here is a video of the thumper that I make and sell in action...

https://youtu.be/ocTF6we-_jY

I noticed during this trip that we caught several freshwater drum as well. Curious to know if anyone has tried this in salt water for striper or other species... our website provides more details and videos...

https://www.thumpemupfishing.com/

Let me know if you have tried this anywhere...
scubaarchery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2019, 08:19 AM   #2
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaarchery View Post
We use a device called a thumper to attract stripers, white bass and hybrid striped bass. Here is a video of the thumper that I make and sell in action...

https://youtu.be/ocTF6we-_jY

I noticed during this trip that we caught several freshwater drum as well. Curious to know if anyone has tried this in salt water for striper or other species... our website provides more details and videos...

https://www.thumpemupfishing.com/

Let me know if you have tried this anywhere...
so all this time we have been trying to keep quite. maybe that's why we aren't catching fish. need to bang around the boat and make as much noise as possible.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2019, 06:45 PM   #3
bryan28
Registered Users-pm+

bryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Pirate
Play music in the boat and tap your feet to the rhythym.
bryan28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2019, 07:59 AM   #4
tngbmt
Registered Users-pm+

tngbmt has been promoted to Piratetngbmt has been promoted to Piratetngbmt has been promoted to Piratetngbmt has been promoted to Piratetngbmt has been promoted to Piratetngbmt has been promoted to Piratetngbmt has been promoted to Piratetngbmt has been promoted to Piratetngbmt has been promoted to Piratetngbmt has been promoted to Piratetngbmt has been promoted to Pirate
in theory, it'll work if u are over a deep school of smallish baitfish .. it causes them to scatter and look for structure, or re-group. thump again and they scatter again. it aint a fish calling device. wont work for 6" of water and a tailing red.
tngbmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2019, 09:19 AM   #5
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan28 View Post
Play music in the boat and tap your feet to the rhythym.
exactly, dance around a little. the more you dance the more fish.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2019, 03:58 PM   #6
Condor71
Registered Users-pm+

Condor71 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Work

I fish with a guide on Texhoma that uses an old fishing rod to periodically thrash the water with. He swears by it. He's never taken us out that we didn't come back with our limit. Must be something to it.
Condor71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2019, 04:27 PM   #7
bryan28
Registered Users-pm+

bryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Piratebryan28 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor71 View Post
I fish with a guide on Texhoma that uses an old fishing rod to periodically thrash the water with. He swears by it. He's never taken us out that we didn't come back with our limit. Must be something to it.
Not knocking anyone for doing whatever they believe works for them but there are many other guides that take people out and don't thrash the water with an old rod that'll put you on a limit every time too. To each there own.
bryan28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2019, 09:33 PM   #8
scubaarchery
Registered Users-pm+

scubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Riggerscubaarchery has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Here is a better video.notice that when we adjusted the tempo we triggered a bite. We use splashers to mimic fish feeding on the surface and thumpers to imitate fish hitting deep schools. Thumpers are especially effective in winter. I caught three freshwater drum during my last trip which made me wonder if it would work. Most of the guides I know on Tawakoni, Lewisville and Texoma use splashers and many use thumpers in the winter...

https://youtu.be/BCVDlEG5dSA
scubaarchery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2019, 09:19 AM   #9
Trouthappy

Trouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to Pirate
Wouldn't want to hear that noise all day. My dad was a marine physicist and always sound low-frequency sounds are distress signals that attract predators. The croaker just happens to make that same sound.
Trouthappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2019, 11:18 AM   #10
Mouse52
Registered Users-pm+

Mouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to PirateMouse52 has been promoted to Pirate
I couldn't stand the thumping all day long.

This does tie in to one of the threads by SailfishCostaRica when he was rebuilding a boat with a diesel. He mentioned that his hull with diesel attracted more fish and was one of the most productive boats in his fleet.
Mouse52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message