July 14th, trout, reds, and mangrove... - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-15-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
tommy261
Registered Users-pm+

tommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Pirate
July 14th, trout, reds, and mangrove...

Took my girlfriend out yesterday evening in some of the toughest conditions I have ever fished. I left the house thinking 10 to 15mph winds were gonna be okay for jetty action. I arrived at the T.C Dike and was greeted by winds gusting up to 30mph. I started off on the flats near seawolf park and worked towards pelican island bridge. It is hard to find protected coves with a sw wind pumping this hard. We started throwing plastics in some decent water; lot of dink trout and reds....ratio was about 15 trout, 13 reds only one keeper trout. We decided to move on to another cove. We were now throwing gulp shrimp in new Penny and started catching some mangrove snapper near the rocky bank; pretty cool. 12 went in the box. Just before dark we moved one last time and threw plastics, topwater and spinnerbaits. We both enjoyed catching alot more trout and reds, but still a lot of dinks....ended up with 12 mangrove, 5 specks, 2 reds to 28in. 2 big sand trout. I snapped the mangrove pic that night before cleaning. The other pic was today after I finally motivated myself to clean the others... be safe out there it was rough.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
tommy261 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2019, 06:26 PM   #2
Ducktracker
Registered Users-pm+

Ducktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to Pirate
Great report thanks

Good fishing to all!
Ducktracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2019, 08:09 PM   #3
jrabq
LotsObeach-no Agua

jrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Pirate
That's quite a haul! Gulp just on a jig head, or under a cork?
jrabq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2019, 08:33 PM   #4
tommy261
Registered Users-pm+

tommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Piratetommy261 has been promoted to Pirate
Gulp on an 1/8oz jig head, working kinda fast

Old 07-15-2019, 11:45 PM   #5
tommy261
Registered Users-pm+

8 to 9ft of water, working the lure mid water column. In other words keeping it about 4ft of bottom. If we let it sink to the bottom, the tail was getting bit off.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:58 PM   #6
fishinguy
Registered Users-pm+

fishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Pirate
Nice catch, we got into quite a few mangroves at the jetty a few weekends back.

Glad to see them back in numbers I hadn't been catching a whole lot of them inshore the past couple years.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2019, 12:07 AM   #7
tommy261
Registered Users-pm+

Nice to hear from you Steve, loved the bobcat mount......

Old 07-16-2019, 07:16 AM   #8
sharkchum
Banned

sharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Piratesharkchum has been promoted to Pirate
That's a nice haul of mangroves
sharkchum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 12:06 PM   #9
BigSpeck09
Registered Users-pm+

BigSpeck09 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBigSpeck09 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBigSpeck09 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBigSpeck09 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBigSpeck09 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBigSpeck09 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBigSpeck09 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBigSpeck09 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBigSpeck09 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBigSpeck09 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBigSpeck09 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Nice catch, thanks for sharing!
BigSpeck09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message