Aransas Bay Packed - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-29-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
onplane
Registered Users-pm+

onplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Aransas Bay Packed

Aransas Bay, like I suppose the other bays, is overflowing with boats and fisherman this weekend. Large numbers of waders are fishing in the deepest water they can stand in without being in over their heads. (Word's out that current fish concentrations are around 5 feet deep). Standing hundreds of yards from shore in places like Paul's Mott, with water up to their armpits, and no conspicuous colors they are bolder than I am. Fishermen typically run that shoreline too close for courtesy and I wouldn't be surprised if some drunk or otherwise distracted boater runs over a wader.
onplane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2019, 01:59 PM   #2
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
I went out yesterday afternoon, and you're right.

I tried to head in before the evening rush started. There were a couple of guys launching, so I had to wait to get to the ramp. And wait. A couple more guys showed up and meandered down to the same boat. One of the first guys had to go back to his truck to get something. A couple more guys show up and hop in. Two more guys get out and go back to their trucks. They're all yelling and high-fiving, coming and going while I wait. Finally, all six guys are in the boat, and they pull away from the dock. And I hear the guy driving say. "Okay... beer check. Who wants one?" And he starts passing around the brews while the boat is still moving (without him steering), because everybody wants one.

And these are the guys who have the job of watching for people wading, up to their shoulders, hundreds of yards from shore.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2019, 06:50 AM   #3
Kelley71
Registered Users-pm+

Kelley71 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
You are braver than I sir. Bring your own bay on holidays. If you ever see a guy in a big bright orange shelta hat, that's me. My wife told me the blaze orange looked like a woman hat. I told her this is so some dip sh&t not paying attention may just see this hat.
Kelley71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #4
StabbinFlatties
Registered Users-pm+

StabbinFlatties has been promoted to the rank of BosunStabbinFlatties has been promoted to the rank of BosunStabbinFlatties has been promoted to the rank of BosunStabbinFlatties has been promoted to the rank of BosunStabbinFlatties has been promoted to the rank of BosunStabbinFlatties has been promoted to the rank of BosunStabbinFlatties has been promoted to the rank of BosunStabbinFlatties has been promoted to the rank of BosunStabbinFlatties has been promoted to the rank of BosunStabbinFlatties has been promoted to the rank of BosunStabbinFlatties has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
This is why the only water I’m getting in this week is the pool.
StabbinFlatties is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
Csafisher
Waiting on duck season...

Csafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to Pirate
I miss being able to fish during the week....
Csafisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2019, 04:14 PM   #6
onplane
Registered Users-pm+

onplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateeronplane has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley71 View Post
You are braver than I sir. Bring your own bay on holidays. If you ever see a guy in a big bright orange shelta hat, that's me. My wife told me the blaze orange looked like a woman hat. I told her this is so some dip sh&t not paying attention may just see this hat.
I like Tilley hats but they don't have a blaze orange. I didn't know about Sheltas until your post. I think I'll get one. I think wearing Hi-Viz colors while wading is prudent. I don't need to show off my good taste to the fish, so fashion isn't a priority for me. The day before I saw those folks far out and barely visible I saw two guys in chartreuse wading off Traylor Island. Even from a distance they were easy to see.
onplane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2019, 07:33 PM   #7
Kelley71
Registered Users-pm+

Kelley71 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
i love my Shelta Hat. i have the Seahawk in Blaze Orange. The brim doesn't fold down when wet. I haven't lost it going full out in our mini hurricane winds the last few weeks.
Kelley71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2019, 09:58 AM   #8
Moose2
Registered Users-pm+

Moose2 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
The vast majority of people launching there boat do not know how to pack there boat before backing into the ramp.
Moose2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #9
brad king
Registered Users-pm+

brad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Piratebrad king has been promoted to Pirate
Friday in West Galveston Bay was insane too!! I live in Jamaica Beach full time and it felt like a Saturday out there. Boats every hundred yards and wade fisherman EVERYWHERE!
brad king is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2019, 11:10 AM   #10
tamucc04
Registered Users-pm+

tamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Pirate
I fished Galveston for the first time this weekend going out of the end of the Dike...TOTAL MAD HOUSE!!! No idea how people run out of there all the time. Im a normal Rockport guy and thought it was bad but nothing compared to over there.

This is one of the reasons I really like the Fishhide shirts. The bright orange stripe on the back and down the back of the arms gives me a slight bit of comfort when wading.
tamucc04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message