3rd round west end Galveston surf 6/10/19 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Today, 06:29 PM   #1
Extremewaderdude
Registered Users-pm+

Extremewaderdude has been promoted to the rank of RiggerExtremewaderdude has been promoted to the rank of RiggerExtremewaderdude has been promoted to the rank of RiggerExtremewaderdude has been promoted to the rank of RiggerExtremewaderdude has been promoted to the rank of RiggerExtremewaderdude has been promoted to the rank of RiggerExtremewaderdude has been promoted to the rank of RiggerExtremewaderdude has been promoted to the rank of RiggerExtremewaderdude has been promoted to the rank of RiggerExtremewaderdude has been promoted to the rank of RiggerExtremewaderdude has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
3rd round west end Galveston surf 6/10/19

As planned as I was going today and two of my friends wanted to join so we went to the surf this morning. When I woke up, surf forecast changed so big game changer. Big front came through earlier than I thought, NE wind pumping. I knew surf wasn’t going to be flat and clean but fishable. Pulled up before dawn looking at the surf and wasn’t pleased but I was determined; knowing fish are there. Water clarity was the same as last weekend, 2 ft rollers and more choppy. Started off in 2nd gut because 1st was too hard to fish plus the current was really strong with tide coming in early. Friends threw shrimp and I only threw artificials, friends hooking up trout almost every cast till 8 am catching limit while I’m grinding missing a few and only caught one keeper then lost a few because of a hole in net. I was throwing all the good surf plugs and they were picky today about what they wanted. My presentation wasn’t unsuccessful so by 8 am, I only had 1 on the stringer and one of my friend has his limit while other friend had maybe 7 or 8 then eventually he slowly caught his limit. I had to changed my game plan, go back where I started and threw only soft plastics working my way down again. LSU color (purple with glitter/chart tail) hackberry hustler on 1/4 oz hogie screwlock jighead was the ticket, working it on middle to lower water column retrieving steady with couple of twitches randomly till what works best and BAMM! Nearly every cast, trout after trout and I finally finished off my limit from 15” to 18”. Right after that, I released 2 around 24” to 25” and reeling in a 24” but tax man decided to come to get his share of that fat 24” trout and thrashed it right front of me around 10 ft away from me, realizing that it was a bull shark. I called it quits after that around 10:15, scared the heck out of me. It was a beautiful morning and everyone went home happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Extremewaderdude is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement