Sling Braid ?? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
Revelation
Registered Users-pm+

Revelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to Pirate
Spineyes Sling Braid ??

Anyone tried Fins Sling braid ??
Been using windtamer with no problems just curious about the difference between the two ??

Thanks
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 07:03 PM   #2
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
I have not.. Wind Tamer was ok for me. Maybe one of the top three or 4 I've used. But I don't like all their lines but I'd be willing to try the Sling and see what it's about. I like to test all the new ones if I can to keep myself on the forefront of information for my members
Old 06-10-2019, 07:45 PM   #3
Big Bay
Registered Users-pm+

Big Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to Pirate
I like sling more than everything else I’ve tried. It’s not coated which I like. I’ve used power pro slick, 832, fins 40g and a couple others and sling is the best I’ve found so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 09:36 PM   #4
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
I love Sling Blade! One of my favorites for sure.. Never tried the Sling Braid before though.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 08:29 AM   #5
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bay View Post
I like sling more than everything else I’ve tried. It’s not coated which I like. I’ve used power pro slick, 832, fins 40g and a couple others and sling is the best I’ve found so far.
Mind me asking what sets it apart?
ReedA1691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 08:58 AM   #6
Big Bay
Registered Users-pm+

Big Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to Pirate
Well it doesn’t leave residue on my reels like other braids do, it casts very well and the backlashes I do get are very easy to get out because the line is so supple compared to a coated line like power pro slick. The MOST important thing is that I have had zero issues with it breaking. I used the new power of pro slick v2 in 30 lb on my core and it was fine until I launched more than one bait into the stratosphere. Last time I went fishing it broke at the spool and buried itself which meant having to go back to the boat and get another rod. I’ve never had that happen and don’t want to have to deal with the breakages I’ve had with that line. I had decent luck with slick in the past but I dont know if it’s because they changed it or I got a bad spool or what but i probably won’t use it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #7
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Speaking of Fins, anyone run 40G? I have it on my Cu71 and when it casts, its great, but it seems to backlash much more than 832. I thought I'd give it a try on my DC and again, when it casts, I can chunk that SS jr further than anyone else in the boat, but there are also times I feel the DC should not backlash and I'm wondering if its the 40G. Also when it bachlashes, they are a mofo to get out. The only time in the past 5 years I've had to change reels as I could not get the lash out quickly.
Drundel is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #8
SeaY'all
Registered Users-pm+

SeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to PirateSeaY'all has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drundel View Post
Speaking of Fins, anyone run 40G? I have it on my Cu71 and when it casts, its great, but it seems to backlash much more than 832. I thought I'd give it a try on my DC and again, when it casts, I can chunk that SS jr further than anyone else in the boat, but there are also times I feel the DC should not backlash and I'm wondering if its the 40G. Also when it bachlashes, they are a mofo to get out. The only time in the past 5 years I've had to change reels as I could not get the lash out quickly.
I havnt had that issue with the 40g. The backlashes are minimal and usually pull right out. I use the 45lb due to the 6lb mono equivalent.
If it continues, maybe add a click or two on your tension knob.
SeaY'all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message