Surf report 6/8/19 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-08-2019, 07:10 PM  
Extremewaderdude
Registered Users-pm+

Extremewaderdude has been promote to GunnerExtremewaderdude has been promote to GunnerExtremewaderdude has been promote to GunnerExtremewaderdude has been promote to GunnerExtremewaderdude has been promote to GunnerExtremewaderdude has been promote to GunnerExtremewaderdude has been promote to GunnerExtremewaderdude has been promote to GunnerExtremewaderdude has been promote to GunnerExtremewaderdude has been promote to GunnerExtremewaderdude has been promote to Gunner
Surf report 6/8/19

My first report of the year, lol. I Arrived to west end Galveston surf around 630 am, tide coming in hard and I started off in first gut throwing pink/silver dummy jr top from TTF snatching a few solid trout over 20” quickly and a lot of missed blowups. Swells were 2 ft and I had to fight a little bit working my topwater, hooking up then losing fish being frustrated that swells in few seconds between time bashing in my face. Finally I had enough, Moved to second gut and topwater action slowed down some so I had to change my presentation; changed to slow suspending bait. Color was pink/gold/silver, not sure what it is called but that was the ticket, limit by 8. Trout were from 16” to 22” and Took a break.
I went back out when tide switched, catching solid trout on every cast till my arms fell off. My daughter also caught one on her own! Unfortunately, shark bit the trout tail off, you could see in the pic but overall Great morning today, better than last weekend but last weekend was good. Also, I had to fish with broken laguna Latis stik rod!! Three recoil eyes worn out by 10 lb mono rubbing against the eyes cutting through the metal of the eyes then finally the eyes had enough,
Two of them broke like actually split wide open. I don’t have my drag that tight either! But line still cuts through the metal of the eye. I have had laguna for a long time and this rod is my fourth or fifth rod, i lost count and forgot. I spent so much money on getting new rods from laguna few times and repairs! If anyone here have any good trout rod to sell to me before Monday, please let me
Know! Going back
On Monday and need a rod! Any help appreciated. Pics from today and last weekend.

Tightlines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Extremewaderdude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2019, 07:59 PM  
Originalrodbuilder
Registered Users-pm+

Originalrodbuilder has been promoted to the rank of GunnerOriginalrodbuilder has been promoted to the rank of GunnerOriginalrodbuilder has been promoted to the rank of GunnerOriginalrodbuilder has been promoted to the rank of GunnerOriginalrodbuilder has been promoted to the rank of GunnerOriginalrodbuilder has been promoted to the rank of GunnerOriginalrodbuilder has been promoted to the rank of GunnerOriginalrodbuilder has been promoted to the rank of GunnerOriginalrodbuilder has been promoted to the rank of GunnerOriginalrodbuilder has been promoted to the rank of GunnerOriginalrodbuilder has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Fiberglass

Build your own rod or have one made, and don't use those guides your using now. get rid of all your weak links to the fish. and those were some respectable trout you got.
Originalrodbuilder is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2019, 08:12 PM  
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome report!
shadslinger is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2019, 08:18 PM  
TroutOut
Registered Users-pm+

TroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to PirateTroutOut has been promoted to Pirate
Hey dude call or txt me. I may have a rod you can use. Later.
TroutOut is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2019, 11:17 PM  
BrAin
Registered Users-pm+

BrAin has been promoted to PirateBrAin has been promoted to PirateBrAin has been promoted to PirateBrAin has been promoted to PirateBrAin has been promoted to PirateBrAin has been promoted to PirateBrAin has been promoted to PirateBrAin has been promoted to PirateBrAin has been promoted to PirateBrAin has been promoted to PirateBrAin has been promoted to Pirate
Nice report. Sounds like a great day

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
BrAin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 08:23 AM  
jrabq
LotsObeach-no Agua

jrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Piratejrabq has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the great report, it's been a long time since I had a day like that! Crazy deal about the rod guides.
jrabq is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 09:29 PM  
willygee
Registered Users-pm+

willygee has been promoted to Piratewillygee has been promoted to Piratewillygee has been promoted to Piratewillygee has been promoted to Piratewillygee has been promoted to Piratewillygee has been promoted to Piratewillygee has been promoted to Piratewillygee has been promoted to Piratewillygee has been promoted to Piratewillygee has been promoted to Piratewillygee has been promoted to Pirate
West end surf entrance?

Thanks for the report! I mainly fish surf on Surfside but will cross SLP to fish West bay occasionally. Nvr fished the west end, recommendations on where to enter and anything to watch out for (hazards, soft sand, etc)?
willygee is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 07:48 AM  
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by willygee View Post
Thanks for the report! I mainly fish surf on Surfside but will cross SLP to fish West bay occasionally. Nvr fished the west end, recommendations on where to enter and anything to watch out for (hazards, soft sand, etc)?

Number one hazard would be what bit the tail off that nice trout in the picture.
Its Catchy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 08:12 AM  
Fishon 13
Registered Users-pm+

Fishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to PirateFishon 13 has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the report.
Fishon 13 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 12:26 PM  
zanther
Registered Users-pm+

zanther is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Nice report! I also fished the west end last weekend 6/7-6/9 in the mornings. Limited on Friday, 2 on Saturday and nada on Sunday.
zanther is offline   Quick reply to this message