Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2019, 07:52 AM   #1
Tailchsr
Get Me On The Water!

Tailchsr is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Question Trinity Bay- Salty Or Fresh?

With all of the rain, I assume Trinity Bay is totally fresh. But, Thursday I get the TP and W Fishing Report that says this:

Trinity Bay
Trout are fair for drifters working deep shell pads on Gamblers, Lil' Johns and Bass Assassins. Trout, redfish and croaker are fair at the spillway on live bait.

So, fresh or salty? I know Trout can't tolerate fresh water, like Redfish can.
Tailchsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2019, 08:32 AM   #2
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Parts of it were getting a little better but it's about to get another slug of fresh. I'd just fish elsewhere where you know the salinity is better.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #3
Fishin' Soldier
Can't be what you ain't.

Fishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to Pirate
Flag

It is flushed out. The lake is dumping 72k cfs. It was starting to look ok, but not now. River is over flood stage.

Trout were showing up on the East shoreline a couple weeks back. Reds were being caught near the spillway. You can probably still catch a few reds near the spillway but that's probably it for a while.
Fishin' Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2019, 10:57 AM   #4
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
Fresh AF

https://www.tidesandcurrents.noaa.go...linity_nowcast
ReedA1691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
habanerojooz
Registered Users-pm+

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
[Reed beat me to it...lol]

I don't put much stock in a TPWD fishing report but if they say they're biting like that right now in Trinity Bay, we'd like to hear back if you go there and catch fish.

Look at this salinity forecast for Trinity bay and work that into your planning. From this map, you can see that Trinity is not very salty as of this posting. It would not surprise me to see schools of gar in the Trinity right now. Last year, I saw gar on the south shoreline of East Bay when Trinity Bay looked like this.

Trinity has been that 'purple' color for pretty much all of 2019. Last week, I saw the Dallas area getting pounded with storms. This week the Houston area is getting the same. Trinity Bay is due to receive a lot of freshwater over the next week or better. That purple color is not going away anytime soon.

Also, if you don't want to taste the water, you can buy a simple hydrometer and dip it into the water for an instant salinity reading. Based on the forecast model above, you should see a hydrometer reading in the neighborhood of 0-6 PPT (or 1.000 - 1.006 Specific Gravity).
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 03:30 PM   #6
Captain Marty
Captain Marty

Captain Marty has been promoted to PirateCaptain Marty has been promoted to PirateCaptain Marty has been promoted to PirateCaptain Marty has been promoted to PirateCaptain Marty has been promoted to PirateCaptain Marty has been promoted to PirateCaptain Marty has been promoted to PirateCaptain Marty has been promoted to PirateCaptain Marty has been promoted to PirateCaptain Marty has been promoted to PirateCaptain Marty has been promoted to Pirate
Do not fish or eat seafood from Trinity

Texas DSHS Advisory:
Attached Images

Captain Marty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message