Chocolate Bay 5-5-19 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-09-2019, 08:40 AM   #1
Yak-N TX
Registered Users-pm+

Yak-N TX is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Chocolate Bay 5-5-19

Headed out on chocolate for a quick afternoon trip.

Winds were out of the east at 7-10 kts.

Fished the bayou a bit and didn’t get a bite. Looks like the glass minnows are hatched in force. There were some small trout (I’m guessing) feeding on them but I couldn’t compete with the bait. Water in the bayou was murky.

Hit some mid bay reefs with no luck but the water was nice and green.

Headed back and fished some shoreline
and picked up one small 15” red on an artificial shrimp.

Yak-N TX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #2
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Hey nice paddle none the less eh? Not sure if you can get live mullet now but we slam reds on that bayou with live mullet. That is if you are opposed to using live bait.
hurricane matt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
Yak-N TX
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane matt View Post
Hey nice paddle none the less eh? Not sure if you can get live mullet now but we slam reds on that bayou with live mullet. That is if you are opposed to using live bait.

It’s always a good day on the water! I ended up taking the boat Sunday but it would have been a decent paddle as well!

Definitely not opposed to fishing live bait and I’ll definitely have to try out the live mullet sometime. Anything special with the way you’re rigging them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Put the kids on just a cork an mullet to keep rody jockying down but some split shot an free line is what I do. Usually doesn't take long!
Old 05-09-2019, 09:23 AM   #5
Fishin' Soldier
Can't be what you ain't.

Fishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to Pirate
Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak-N TX View Post
It’s always a good day on the water! I ended up taking the boat Sunday but it would have been a decent paddle as well!

Definitely not opposed to fishing live bait and I’ll definitely have to try out the live mullet sometime. Anything special with the way you’re rigging them?
I always like to fish live mullet mostly with a carolina rig and light weight. Khale hook through the mouth or eyes. If you hook through the eyes don't go through the actual eye just the membrane and they will stay alive a long time. If rocky and will hang up you will need to use a cork like Matt stated.
Fishin' Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 10:04 AM   #6
wavygravy
Registered Users-pm+

wavygravy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterwavygravy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterwavygravy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterwavygravy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterwavygravy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterwavygravy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterwavygravy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterwavygravy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterwavygravy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterwavygravy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterwavygravy has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
I was out there with you on Sunday, wife and I managed 4 small specs on gulp under a cork, but it was tough. She was there for the boat ride anyways, so in that way it was a success.
wavygravy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 10:08 AM   #7
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
Chocolate is a grind in the spring .... plus now with the rain, its going to be a big PIA

Look for schooling reds on shorelines and pattern them until July .... live shrimp is your friend

taste the water to check for salinity... if its fresh, keep moving south ...
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #8
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

Time series showing northern GC salinity. You can step backward and watch the tidal movement and the freshwater and current conditions.

https://www.tidesandcurrents.noaa.go...linity_nowcast
Old 05-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #9
mccain
\m/

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
no one's said NFIC yet . been years since i've fished that area. would like to try again
mccain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 11:05 AM   #10
Yak-N TX
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccain View Post
no one's said NFIC yet . been years since i've fished that area. would like to try again

Chocolate is usually pretty hot for me. Spring time is rough but I’ve had very good luck summer through winter in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk