Rockport fun - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-08-2019, 07:04 AM   #1
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Rockport fun

The home waters are a flooding mess and have been since time was discovered [email protected]&$!&;:$85(!
Trinity river basin is a mud bucket traveling at the speed of light.
I gave up and the wife and I went just south of the hub bub to Rockport.
Stayed at Laguna Reef in the condos facing the bay. Very nice place, the pier is great for catching 12” to 14” trout every cast until the dolphins show. Which is about two to three hours.
Leave it alone a couple hours and do it agin.
Good rooms, hot tub and nice pool, we hit The Big Tree, The Boiling Pot, drove by the Fulton Mansion. It’s looking great but closed as they repair the roof.
The area is looking great and I’m impressed with all of the hard work gone into rebuilding.
Name:  IMG_2773.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  150.9 KBName:  IMG_2775.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  194.8 KBName:  IMG_2774.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  181.1 KB

Use a popping cork with the little crystal looking jig( two to a pack at Wal mart) you see in the trouts mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #2
mccain
\m/

mccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Piratemccain has been promoted to Pirate
nice joint. glad you got to get outta town and get a little action
mccain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 09:56 AM   #3
Gofish2day
Registered Users-pm+

Gofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to PirateGofish2day has been promoted to Pirate
Nice catch SS.
Funny, I purchased the same jig (Walmart) and use for crappie fishing.

I went crappie fishing on Lake Conroe. The last somewhat clean lake. Yep - its dirty now. Went last sunday for about 2hrs starting at 10am. 2 wake boats tried to wash me up onto a dock. Jet fleas everywhere...…..Gave up after 2hrs and went home. Bad enough the water was dirty!
Gofish2day is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the report. You should have hollered that you were coming. I live just down the street from there.

I've been meaning to report this, I hope you don't mind me tagging it on here. I've been wet wading recently, and it's been pleasant. The first day I had that one "shocking moment" when I hit the right depth. But since then it's just been business as usual. The waders are officially put up until next winter.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 04:17 PM   #5
Ducktracker
Registered Users-pm+

Ducktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to PirateDucktracker has been promoted to Pirate
WTG Loy, getting out of this mess up here.

Good fishing to all!
Ducktracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 04:51 PM   #6
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
POC jetty I will next time, we will be back soon. It’s a of fun down here and folks are very nice.
These live oak trees make me feel fine.
In my single 20s I was here a lot fishing the surf at pins then back to Goose island after a few days to shower and feel grass under my feet.
I miss the pier there a lot, I’ve had my best trout from a pier nights there many times.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:47 AM   #7
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadslinger View Post
POC jetty I will next time, we will be back soon. It’s a of fun down here and folks are very nice.
These live oak trees make me feel fine.
In my single 20s I was here a lot fishing the surf at pins then back to Goose island after a few days to shower and feel grass under my feet.
I miss the pier there a lot, I’ve had my best trout from a pier nights there many times.

Yeah, let me know.

I hate admitting to doing something stupid. I saw the pier in your pictures and for some reason I just snapped to the one down the street. Random neurons firing? I live up on the other end of Rockport. When I was in high school, I used to run down here and fish those piers on Water Street. Back when there weren't so many of them, and people didn't get so mad at pier-jumpers.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 06:50 PM   #8
shadslinger

Those trout are tasty, just fried some up. No wonder those dolphins are big husky fellas. Last night the bigger trout were biting, besides the ones I caught I saw several good stringers of nice trout.
A rubber shrimp 2’ behind a popping cork worked all night.
It was best from 1:00 am to 3:30 am when I was mostly alone and the wind died down.
Clear water made watching those trout react great fun.
I think the dolphins locate the popping cork if you stay in one place to long and catching and releasing fish.
So I would catch two or three and move to the next light and finally stayed ahead of them.

Old 05-09-2019, 09:12 PM   #9
RAYSOR
Fun Ain't Cheap

RAYSOR has been promoted to PirateRAYSOR has been promoted to PirateRAYSOR has been promoted to PirateRAYSOR has been promoted to PirateRAYSOR has been promoted to PirateRAYSOR has been promoted to PirateRAYSOR has been promoted to PirateRAYSOR has been promoted to PirateRAYSOR has been promoted to PirateRAYSOR has been promoted to PirateRAYSOR has been promoted to Pirate
You do know because you went. Glad y’all had fun and great pic😀
RAYSOR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #10
Aggieangler
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)

Aggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to Pirate
I love pier fishing in the Rockport area when I am down that way. We always seem to do good. Does anyone know if they will ever fix the pier at GISP? Like you, it has a lifetime of memories under my feet.
Aggieangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message