Live Scope for Wade fishing - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #1
nick2932
Registered Users-pm+

nick2932 has been promoted to the rank of Privateernick2932 has been promoted to the rank of Privateernick2932 has been promoted to the rank of Privateernick2932 has been promoted to the rank of Privateernick2932 has been promoted to the rank of Privateernick2932 has been promoted to the rank of Privateernick2932 has been promoted to the rank of Privateernick2932 has been promoted to the rank of Privateernick2932 has been promoted to the rank of Privateernick2932 has been promoted to the rank of Privateernick2932 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Live Scope for Wade fishing

Ive always thought it would be cool to have some type of sonar facing out from you when you were wade fishing so you could target your casts where you see the fish on sonar. Well if you haven't seen it Garmin has come out with basically that ,just for boats(if you haven't seen the videos its crazy you can see the fish eat your lure) it got me thinking if I had the money to play around with one and figure out a contraption to use it while you were wade fishing. That would be a game changer and really increase your success wade fishing. What are your thoughts. I believe in the next 5-10 years someone will come out with something similar for the texas wade fishing market.
nick2932 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2019, 09:34 PM   #2
Lone-Star
Registered Users-pm+

Lone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to Pirate
It doesn’t work that well in shallow water, it’s absolutely amazing out of the boat, so good it feels like video game fishing, like you say you see not only where the fish but how they are reacting or not reacting to you lures. Probably in a few years it will be advanced enough to work wading.
Lone-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2019, 06:35 AM   #3
LaddH
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
Part of the appeal of wade fishing is its simplicity. I can't see dragging along electronics as part of my wading gear no matter how many more fish it might put on the stringer.
That's just me though. The times they are a-changin'.
LaddH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2932 View Post
Ive always thought it would be cool to have some type of sonar facing out from you when you were wade fishing so you could target your casts where you see the fish on sonar. Well if you haven't seen it Garmin has come out with basically that ,just for boats(if you haven't seen the videos its crazy you can see the fish eat your lure) it got me thinking if I had the money to play around with one and figure out a contraption to use it while you were wade fishing. That would be a game changer and really increase your success wade fishing. What are your thoughts. I believe in the next 5-10 years someone will come out with something similar for the texas wade fishing market.
unless it can scan 50 to 100 yards out in front of you, and spot fish, I see absolutely no advantage. once you are standing in a area, you know whats there. we are talking about 3 feet of water, there are no underwater secret(s).
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2019, 10:33 AM   #5
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaddH View Post
Part of the appeal of wade fishing is its simplicity. I can't see dragging along electronics as part of my wading gear no matter how many more fish it might put on the stringer.
Agree!
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #6
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
unless it can scan 50 to 100 yards out in front of you, and spot fish, I see absolutely no advantage. once you are standing in a area, you know whats there. we are talking about 3 feet of water, there are no underwater secret(s).
Also agree. It would have to let you see a long way all around in order to be worth carrying electronics around.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2019, 06:23 PM   #7
Rockfish2
Registered Users-pm+

Rockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaddH View Post
Totally agree with you. Maybe one day they’ll also invent a machine that can go catch the fish for you, too, and you won’t have to do anything!
Rockfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2019, 10:11 PM   #8
Pafdrn
Registered Users-pm+

Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I also like the no-tech simplicity.... i guess people could just go fish in the aquarium at Bass Pro
Pafdrn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2019, 01:33 PM   #9
gbcorley
Registered Users-pm+

gbcorley is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Its a tool and like said it really doesn't work well unless you have 5ft or more. Dad had one put on his new bass boat and it really is amazing. I was fishing a bluff on Rayburn and I could see fish coming up to my jerkbait but wouldn't eat it. After thinking about it, I thought it might be crappie and as soon as I ran my crappie jig in them it was one like wild fire. I could watch them eat it before I ever felt it. Is it the end all be all tool to fishing no you still have to find them and figure out what they will eat. But it does make things a lot easier , being able to see how the fish are responding to your bait. In saltwater it might work but honestly you would have to get really good at understanding what each fish looked like to be able to use it to its full affect. There is just to much large bait unlike freash water the only large bait are shad and maybe finding a big brim bed.
gbcorley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019, 05:57 PM   #10
Jerrym
Registered Users-pm+

Jerrym has been promoted to PirateJerrym has been promoted to PirateJerrym has been promoted to PirateJerrym has been promoted to PirateJerrym has been promoted to PirateJerrym has been promoted to PirateJerrym has been promoted to PirateJerrym has been promoted to PirateJerrym has been promoted to PirateJerrym has been promoted to PirateJerrym has been promoted to Pirate
Not far from just going to the seafood counter at HEB, miss the whole point of being in the water, listening and watching the surface water. Not much like it early in the morning with the other best fishermen, the birds.
Jerrym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message