Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #1
kmack
Registered Users-pm+

kmack is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Artificial salt water lure suggestions

My daughter is heading down to TAMUCC in the Fall. One of her main reasons for choosing the school (besides the curriculum) was the opportunity to go fishing whenever she wanted! So to keep her from raiding my boxes and gear, I plan to build up her own stash of gear to take down, and that's why I'm looking for a list of suggested lures to use.

We have some typicals but not much as we typically use live bait. She will predominately be wade fishing near the school in Oso Bay or Corpus Christi Bay, and has plans to try surf fishing. I have extra rods that will be used to start the equipment side.

So let the lure suggestions fly!
kmack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2019, 10:48 AM   #2
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
The Troutsupport Grass Walker was made for that area.

Skitterwalk, Spook, and rhe juniors.

Corkys, devils, fat boys, maniac mullets.

Gold spoons.

Light jig heads and tails.

May want to get an artificial guide and replicate his arsenal following the trip. And a gift card where she can buy her own. Let her pick em out. Let her develop her confidence colors etc.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
Flat Nasty
Registered Users-pm+

Flat Nasty is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Down south lures in Victoria secret is a must down there I fill like. 1/16th oz jig heads
Flat Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
Gilbert
Banned

Gilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Nasty View Post
Down south lures in Victoria secret is a must down there I fill like. 1/16th oz jig heads

excellent first post, I agree. Down South Lures is all you need. Rest is just hype.
Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #5
justletmein
Just call me JJ

justletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Pirate
My son is at TAMUK now and we sent him a care package full of Gambler 6" Flapp'N Shad and some H20 Thumpin' Mullet with Bass Assassin jigheads, wide gap screw-lock 1/8 oz with a couple 1/4 oz and 1/16 oz for variety depending on conditions.
justletmein is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 12:45 PM   #6
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
I went there back in 94 lived right on campus on Oso. Didn't get too crazy with the colors but purple n white was always good. Or maybe just what I threw all the time. Not sure if you can get bait anywhere around there anymore. Used to be a bait shop right across the street from the gas station by the pier. Caught and ate alot of reds from Oso. Trout on the cc Bayside. Spoons to cover as much water as possible.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 01:20 PM   #7
Aggieangler
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)

Aggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to PirateAggieangler has been promoted to Pirate
If I had gone to TAMUCC, I may not have graduated due to my fishing problem....

I hope she starts tearing them up.
Aggieangler is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #8
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggieangler View Post
If I had gone to TAMUCC, I may not have graduated due to my fishing problem....

I hope she starts tearing them up.
I finished up at Southwaste lol

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 03:16 PM   #9
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
Troutsupport Grasswalker in either Bone Diamond or Coastal Gold were made for those grass beds and no other bait is weedless enough to hang with it other than my second choice...

A gold weedless spoon

After that, a few topwaters starting with the Bone/Chrome/Bone One-Knocker and I'm good down in those waters.
ReedA1691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019, 03:30 PM   #10
tamucc04
Registered Users-pm+

tamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Piratetamucc04 has been promoted to Pirate
Congrats that is where I attended...thus the screen name. My go to to this day is still Spook jr and small skitter walks in Bone, and Pink or blue with Chrome sides. A few tails everyone has their favorite, just some light some dark. Stick with the age old bright day clear water brighter colors, Dark day brown water darker colors.

Also never count out the Gold and Silver spoons as said above especially in the surf. And also a good old popping cork with a Gulp underneath. One of my favorite fishing spots in college was the north side of the JFK Causeway before going over to the island. Lots of people stop and Bank fish there. If she doesnt mind wading, getting out in knee to thigh deep water and you can cast to the channel and work over the grass while wading back to towards the main land. This area provided me and my roomates many great trout meals in college. Also now with Packery Channel open lots of great fishing and lots of good walk in spots all the way to Port A. Or down PINS both surf fishing or on the Bay side.

Sorry for the long post, this bring back lots of good fishing memories from college days.
tamucc04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message