Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2019, 05:58 PM   #1
Jglenn198
Registered Users-pm+

Jglenn198 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Waders

Looking for a pair of new waders and seeing what everyone thinks about Orvis .
Jglenn198 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2019, 06:09 PM   #2
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Simms G3

Why anything else.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
LaddH
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
Simm's Headwaters, made in USA, are a little less expensive than the G3s and are good waders.
Nothing Simm's is cheap.

I don't know anything about the Orvis waders but in general they make quality gear.
LaddH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2019, 07:33 PM   #4
Bayoutalker
Registered Users-pm+

Bayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to Pirate
I have a pair of Orvis neoprene waders that I used in Missouri trout fishing and in Alabama duck hunting. I've had them quite a long time and they are still in good condition. They are the stocking foot variety.

Cliff
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2019, 09:53 PM   #5
Sisco Kid
Registered Users-pm+

Sisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to PirateSisco Kid has been promoted to Pirate
Im going on 7 years on my Simms G3 Waders. I was reluctant in the beginning but after the first couple of years, ill never buy anything else.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sisco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2019, 09:58 PM   #6
Gilbert
Registered Users-pm+

Gilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to Pirate
if you don't wear simms waders, trout won't bite your lure.
Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2019, 10:00 PM   #7
Big Bay
Registered Users-pm+

Big Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to Pirate
Simms g3 are the most comfortable out there. I’ve done the cheap thing where you go through a set a season if you fish as much as I do and if these last 5 years I’ll be a ways ahead. If you don’t want to spend 550$ then get a set of gulf coast waders which are good for the money I believe $180 or so for the nicer set. Anything else cheaper is disposable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2019, 11:50 PM   #8
SKIPJACKSLAYER
Registered Users-pm+

SKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to Pirate
Simms or Patagonia. Remember it’s not always about the material, it’s ahout the stitching holding up. Simms has the best reputation and customer service. Patagonia has a gel like substance around the knees that is super comfortable, almost like a soft knee pad. But it doubles as a sealant if you get a pinhole in that area and closes the leak. Have not owned a pair but did try some on at a fly shop out of curiousity. Would consider either or.
SKIPJACKSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2019, 10:44 AM   #9
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
I don't own any Orvis Waders, nor have I had them in the past. What I know about anything I've purchased from Orvis (though I may have not found the right stuff from their line), is that it tends to be more tailored to the freshwater market and doesn't stand up well to the elements and abuse that saltwater angling entails.

But in that price range, you are probably better off either going down in price range and getting 2 pairs for the same money, or going up to Simms and paying $200 more, but getting 2-3 times the lifespan.
ReedA1691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #10
[email protected]
Registered Users-pm+

EJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to Pirate
Simms Gore-Tex breathable stockingfoot waders undoubtedly deliver the best quality and durability at every price point; Headwaters $449, G3 Guide $549, G4 Pro $749, and G4Z $849. Their product guarantees and repair services are second to none in the industry that I am aware - plus they are the only waders made in the good old USA! Outstanding products but may not fit everybody's budget.

My second choice for stockingfoot breathables would be Gulf Coast Waders (gulfcoastwaders.com). Their standard model runs $169 and they are a Houston-based company run by a family team. I have several friends that swear by them!
EJ@TSFMag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message