610 outdoor show - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 02:18 PM   #1
Cut n Shoot
Registered Users-pm+

Cut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to Pirate
610 outdoor show

What happened to Benny?

Last edited by Cut n Shoot; 04-06-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Cut n Shoot is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2019, 02:57 PM   #2
Trouthappy
Trouthappy

Trouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to Pirate
Benny took off with the horses.

Trouthappy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2019, 03:11 PM   #3
Cut n Shoot
Registered Users-pm+

Cut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to PirateCut n Shoot has been promoted to Pirate
He might have gotten tired of hearing about all them 7-9 pound trout lying stories from Eastman. Called him out on it and got canned.
Cut n Shoot is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon war stories

fish grow out of the water, for everyone. next year they'll be full 20 fish stringers of 9's and 10's.

is benny gone, i normally don't get up that early, but will occasionally listen to the podcast. that way you don't have to listen to the war stories, and giber jaber. some of those guys are a little long winded. my manager can here it from his office. he said he's never in his life heard so much talking, without saying anything. i told him you've got to read between the lines.
c hook is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2019, 07:40 PM   #5
phishtales
Registered Users-pm+

phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
stopped listening

I have finally tired of tuning in just to listen to lectures about keep 5 and why we should all want it. I am not opposed to it. I don't even fish for trout so no skin in the game. I would just like them to find something else to harp on weekend after weekend. I turned it on this morning and they spent the first 15 mins telling everyone how good the new limits were for the fishery. I just turned it off. I'm done.....Beyond tiresome.....

Last edited by phishtales; 04-06-2019 at 07:48 PM.
phishtales is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2019, 06:06 AM   #6
stumpgrinder3
Registered Users-pm+

stumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Pirate
I love Mickey and respect him as a legendary Texas angler. He shares a trait that lots of guides Ive met have , a huge ego. Sometimes I think those guys must have to take a dietary supplement to have such a high opinion of their skills and abilities.
stumpgrinder3 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2019, 06:23 PM   #7
Its Catchy
Registered Users-pm+

Its Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to PirateIts Catchy has been promoted to Pirate
I like Capt. Mickey and I like Capt. Benny. If I had to guess I would say that Capt. Benny is getting a little long in the tooth and would rather spend more time fishing than driving into 610 studios in the early hours of the morning.

Say what you will about Capt. Mickey. He has a wealth of knowledge about our bays and fisheries. I harbor no ill will even if I do not agree with his opinions all of the time.
Its Catchy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #8
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Capt Benny runs Captain Roys Marine Training School. He usually has someone else teach the weekend classes. He usually only teaches the weekday classes so he isnt on such a hectic long day of training schedule AND early morning at the outdoor show.

If one of his weekend teachers had an issue he may have had to cover.....just a thought.
sgrem is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #9
phishtales
Registered Users-pm+

phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)phishtales has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
content

I didn't know he was "legendary" but I don't run in tournament circles. I have fished the coast for 50+ years and never heard of Mickey or Benny so I assume the term is being used subjectively. Regardless, I have no issue with the personalities in play per se. They seem like really experienced guides and generally nice people. I just got tired of the program being appropriated by the just keep five debate and the constant promoting of a specific position by the host. Either way..the solution is simple. If you don't like it, don't listen. Everyone can make the choice for themselves.

Last edited by phishtales; 04-08-2019 at 09:48 AM.
phishtales is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2019, 11:39 AM   #10
Lsremod
Registered Users-pm+

Location: The Clear Lake Texas Area, Home to Nasa, and on the Galveston Bay Complex
Lsremod has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLsremod has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLsremod has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLsremod has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLsremod has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLsremod has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLsremod has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLsremod has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLsremod has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLsremod has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLsremod has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
A lot has changed on that show since the days of Bob Stevenson, including the name of the show. I liked Bob and his son Bob Jr. They kept the format upbeat without bitching about every dam thing. When the guides called in there was a different tone in the conversation that took place. More respectful I think. Not that it isn't respectful now, it's just more retail.
Lsremod is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread