Gulf Council Proposes States Allocations - Florida-centric - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 02-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #1
Snookered
Registered Users-pm+

Snookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to Pirate
Gulf Council Proposes States Allocations - Florida-centric

check this **** out....I vote we move NOAA/GC headquarters to Brownsville and see how the states allocations would be proposed...it really amazes me how the Florida-centric GC proposes these kinds of splits with a straight face to the States fisheries managers and expects them to buy these numbers....

from the GC newsletter:

The Council added a new alternative, and made it the preferred, which would allocate the private angling annual catch limit among the states as follows:

Alabama 26.298%

Florida 44.822%

Louisiana 19.120%

Mississippi 3.550%

Texas 6.210%

This alternative uses the quotas initially requested by each state in the exempted fishing permit applications, and distributes the remaining 3.78% between Florida and Alabama
Snookered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2019, 02:34 PM   #2
Robert.Parson
Formerly known as parsrobc

Robert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to Pirate
Dang
According to NOAA GoM,
Florida has 770 miles,
Louisiana has 397 miles,
Texas has 367 miles,
Alabama has 53 miles, and
Mississippi has 44 miles.
These guys CLEARLY can't measure ANYTHING correctly.
Or, they must be measuring every little crook, bend and outcropping on the map.....

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Robert.Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #3
blaze 'em
Registered Users-pm+

blaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirate
I'm really confused. I thought there was talk of 100 day season not to long ago?

How does our season length compare to percentage from last year?

What I mean is

(last year %)=last year season length

(This year %)=this year?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
blaze 'em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #4
Snookered
Registered Users-pm+

Snookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to PirateSnookered has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze 'em View Post
I'm really confused. I thought there was talk of 100 day season not to long ago?

How does our season length compare to percentage from last year?

What I mean is

(last year %)=last year season length

(This year %)=this year?
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

it is estimated to be relatively the same, 80 some odd days......they evidently have a lot more "effort" than we do...
snookered
Snookered is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2019, 03:28 PM   #5
acoastalbender
Registered Users-pm+

acoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirate
Unlike Texas, those other states have 1000's of private reefs off their coasts and there'd be an all out war if it came down to recs not being able to fish their own private #s because they'd exceed a state quota in a day or two if length of coast were to (logically) figure in ...
acoastalbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2019, 02:22 AM   #6
Day0ne
Registered Users-pm+

Day0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Parson View Post
Dang
According to NOAA GoM,
Florida has 770 miles,
Louisiana has 397 miles,
Texas has 367 miles,
Alabama has 53 miles, and
Mississippi has 44 miles.
These guys CLEARLY can't measure ANYTHING correctly.
Or, they must be measuring every little crook, bend and outcropping on the map.....

Sounds like they included Florida's Atlantic coast. I question the La number.
Day0ne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2019, 11:55 AM   #7
acoastalbender
Registered Users-pm+

acoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day0ne View Post
Sounds like they included Florida's Atlantic coast. I question the La number.
Including Florida's east coast would make it over 1800 miles ... (per Discovery channel ... ...)
acoastalbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #8
Robert.Parson
Formerly known as parsrobc

Robert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to PirateRobert.Parson has been promoted to Pirate
I tried to do the La. coast line on Google maps.
It may very WELL be that high due to all the different points and directions it goes.
It was just GULF FACING coast line, it would be much lower.
Haven't tried Florida yet

Robert.Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2019, 04:18 PM   #9
jamesw
Registered Users-pm+

jamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Pirate
Hmm. I thought the data showed that Texas has ~50% of the red snapper biomass in the Gulf. How come we would only be allocated 6.2%?
jamesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2019, 05:05 PM   #10
Tsip
Unrecoverable Saltoholic

Tsip has been promoted to PirateTsip has been promoted to PirateTsip has been promoted to PirateTsip has been promoted to PirateTsip has been promoted to PirateTsip has been promoted to PirateTsip has been promoted to PirateTsip has been promoted to PirateTsip has been promoted to PirateTsip has been promoted to PirateTsip has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesw View Post
Hmm. I thought the data showed that Texas has ~50% of the red snapper biomass in the Gulf. How come we would only be allocated 6.2%?
My initial thought is because Texas snubbed their nose at the GC and opened state waters year round and didn't play their little game. Apparently they haven't forgotten.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Tsip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message