Help or advice on Bay Boat selection. - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2019, 10:47 AM   #1
Jmooring
Registered Users-pm+

Jmooring is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Idea Help or advice on Bay Boat selection.

I recently retired and am interested in rekindling an old fishing hobby that fell by the wayside for many years while working and raising a family. I am looking at a used 2104 Frontier with 150 etec and a used 21 foot Shallow Sport Mod V with 150 Yamaha 4S 20K to 25K price range. I am hoping to get as Shallow as possible of course and still have gunnels so grands don't fall out and also have a respectable resale if the unforeseen occurs with health etc. Any advice will be appreciated from those with knowledge of the choices? I want to fish POC to Baffin area.
Jmooring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2019, 12:02 PM   #2
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
You cannot go wrong with that SS.

No experience with the Frontier.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2019, 01:32 PM   #3
Bayoutalker
Registered Users-pm+

Bayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to Pirate
I agree, the SS with the Yamaha is the way I'd go.

Cliff
Bayoutalker is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2019, 01:37 PM   #4
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
The SS Mod V is a pretty good combination for what you described. Especially the parts about gunnels and resale.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2019, 12:39 PM   #5
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
I agree, ModV has long been on my shortlist, good boat.

the Frontier is a good boat as well, but the SS will be a better option for where you are planning to fish.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #6
acoastalbender
Registered Users-pm+

acoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirate
Both well made boats with what passes for 'good resale' in the boating 'investment' world ... Frontier will be more grandkid friendly ... SS will be skinnier if that's your fishing style ... but I don't recall having ever seen a boat catch fish ...
acoastalbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2019, 12:29 PM   #7
Jmooring
Registered Users-pm+

Jmooring is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Help

Thanks much
Jmooring is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #8
gsb
Registered Users-pm+

gsb has been promote to Gunnergsb has been promote to Gunnergsb has been promote to Gunnergsb has been promote to Gunnergsb has been promote to Gunnergsb has been promote to Gunnergsb has been promote to Gunnergsb has been promote to Gunnergsb has been promote to Gunnergsb has been promote to Gunnergsb has been promote to Gunner
The 150 Yamaha 4 stroke is the decision maker in my book. I have a friend with a frontier and it's a nice boat. We both have that
motor and it's very reliable. I have no experience with and etec. Personally, I would prefer a 200hp Yamaha but the budget wasn't there.
gsb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2019, 08:43 PM   #9
Calmday
Salty Dawg

Calmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to Pirate
I've had a couple Yamaha 150 4S and never had a single engine issue. I don't know from experience but I have heard that the Yamaha 200 4S is the best 150 sold.
Calmday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message