Need help finding charter Los Suenos? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 01-26-2019, 07:58 PM   #1
topdrive12
Registered Users-pm+

topdrive12 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Need help finding charter Los Suenos?

Headed down to Los Suenos in April and the Capt I usually fish with is going to dry docked. Any recommendations on boats and prices? All help would be appreciated! Dates are April 3-6
topdrive12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2019, 11:48 AM   #2
justhookit
Get a reel job - go fishing!

justhookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Pirate
Mike on Epic or Bubba Carter on Tijereta
justhookit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
txdougman
"Whatever one sows, he will also reap"

txdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Piratetxdougman has been promoted to Pirate
Good Day Too. Call Felipe.
https://www.stayincostarica.com/spor.../good-day-too/
txdougman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2019, 06:34 AM   #4
Rufneck
Registered Users-pm+

Rufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
The Maverick boats are a great option as well. We recently fished on the Dragin Fly and they were great. I also recently fished a day with Bubba Carter on the Tijereta. Bubba is a legend in Costa Rica and his demeanor on the boat generally reflects that. He is nice enough if you can get him to talk to you, but otherwise he just kind of keeps to himself and I think that rubs off on his 2 mates as well. The captain on the Dragin Fly was much more engaging and his crew worked harder to keep us happy. That said, if I were looking to charter a boat in LS, I would hire either one of them again.

This time of the year they are all fishing the same areas and trolling the same naked ballyhoo so I don't think you'll see a huge difference in the quality of the fish caught. Good luck!
Rufneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2019, 03:44 PM   #5
SailFishCostaRica

SailFishCostaRica has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufneck View Post
This time of the year they are all fishing the same areas and trolling the same naked ballyhoo so I don't think you'll see a huge difference in the quality of the fish caught. Good luck!
Ha, don't let the guys know that, or they would be upset! It's a lot more complicated than that though, speed, lure placement, boat maintenance, boat hull material, motors, there is soo soo soo much that goes into catching more fish than the boat next to you.

On good boats though, i think the guys up there hit a homerun with the recommendations. Mike on the Epic is Epic and the Maverick boats do well. We have a van that picks up in Los Suenos as well.
SailFishCostaRica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2019, 12:09 AM   #6
justhookit
Get a reel job - go fishing!

justhookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Piratejusthookit has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailFishCostaRica View Post
Ha, don't let the guys know that, or they would be upset! It's a lot more complicated than that though, speed, lure placement, boat maintenance, boat hull material, motors, there is soo soo soo much that goes into catching more fish than the boat next to you.

On good boats though, i think the guys up there hit a homerun with the recommendations. Mike on the Epic is Epic and the Maverick boats do well. We have a van that picks up in Los Suenos as well.
Still can’t figure out how I haven’t met you. Headed to Golfito tomorrow for a day but we need to go grab a beer here in Quepos. Been here almost a month this time and staying till at least early March. I’ll send you my number manana
justhookit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2019, 10:33 AM   #7
TOM WEBER
Cazadora

TOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to Pirate
Good Day as well. Felipe is a nice guy. Older 37 Hatt repowered with 450 cummins. All you need. Can spend more but don't need to. Fly boats are also very good. Both out of Suenos marina.
TOM WEBER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2019, 11:31 AM   #8
hog
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time

hog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Pirate
2/3/19
A friend of mine that is also a great Rockport inshore Guide. JUST GOT BACK FROM Los Suenos the end of January.
On his Facebook page, he nailed fish every day he was there...
I have no clue what Charter service he used, but, I do know what ever service he hired DUNN GoouD!
You might send him a note, and ask who he chartered with as a Customer himself. Capt Scott McCune....
hog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2019, 07:36 PM   #9
cabolew
Registered Users-pm+

cabolew has been promoted to Piratecabolew has been promoted to Piratecabolew has been promoted to Piratecabolew has been promoted to Piratecabolew has been promoted to Piratecabolew has been promoted to Piratecabolew has been promoted to Piratecabolew has been promoted to Piratecabolew has been promoted to Piratecabolew has been promoted to Piratecabolew has been promoted to Pirate
Been fishing with Good Day Too for years! Great people!
cabolew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message