tow trucks - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 01-25-2019, 03:56 PM   #11
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
Thats hilarious! Good one....

I have towed some fair sized goosenecks trailers on a raised hitch in the reciever before on vehicles with no hitch in the bed. Not with this BMW but dont think it cant be done. Fully legal too. Lol

Again.....under 7500 and under about 600 pounds tongue weight. It is surprisingly impressive.
Like this...
Attached Images

bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2019, 09:10 PM   #12
Calmday
Salty Dawg

Calmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to Pirate
In Australia they don't have trucks. Everything is pulled with cars, small SUVs or UTEs (car/trucks like an El Camino).
It was very common to see a Holden Commodore (Chevy SS or Pontiac G8) pulling a boat. This is a V6 station wagon version.
Attached Images

Last edited by Calmday; 01-25-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Calmday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 09:23 PM   #13
GhostRider
Registered Users-pm+

GhostRider has been promoted to PirateGhostRider has been promoted to PirateGhostRider has been promoted to PirateGhostRider has been promoted to PirateGhostRider has been promoted to PirateGhostRider has been promoted to PirateGhostRider has been promoted to PirateGhostRider has been promoted to PirateGhostRider has been promoted to PirateGhostRider has been promoted to PirateGhostRider has been promoted to Pirate
I've towed ski boats with a an X5 and a Cayenne and with an F250.
I also spent many years driving semis and straight trucks for a living.
If you believe an X5 tows better, then all I can say is enjoy. My experience is that I'll take the 250 any day of the week.
Pulling hills, down hill, heavy crosswinds a 4000lb boat moves the X5, not the 250. Diesel engine, mpg never changes. The torque allows acceleration to pass.
X5 is not a bad tow vehicle, but it's not better than a 250,2500 diesel truck
GhostRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2019, 04:22 PM   #14
littlebryan
Registered Users-pm+

littlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
I've towed ski boats with a an X5 and a Cayenne and with an F250.

I also spent many years driving semis and straight trucks for a living.

If you believe an X5 tows better, then all I can say is enjoy. My experience is that I'll take the 250 any day of the week.

Pulling hills, down hill, heavy crosswinds a 4000lb boat moves the X5, not the 250. Diesel engine, mpg never changes. The torque allows acceleration to pass.

X5 is not a bad tow vehicle, but it's not better than a 250,2500 diesel truck
Wow! .....this is fun.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
littlebryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2019, 05:44 PM   #15
Jolly Roger
COME AND TAKE IT

Jolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to Pirate
Can tell it is winter time, gaying up towing a boat
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2019, 07:34 PM   #16
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
I like to watch the threads on towing, always interesting to see the different opinions and views, from the ones that think if you can tell that you are towing something, or if its bigger than a jet ski then you need a F350, to the opposite end of the spectrum towing a 32 footer with a Ford Ranger haha.

I remember my grandpa towing a 32 ft Airstream thousands of miles all over Texas with a Ford station wagon, and my dad towing his 26ft sailboat with a Ford Maverick lol

Although, that's going the extremes on towing, still interesting discussions to read when it comes to towing

Relentless
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2019, 07:35 PM   #17
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
Can tell it is winter time, gaying up towing a boat
I need refills asap!

Relentless
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2019, 06:22 PM   #18
rglide09
Registered Users-pm+

rglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Pirate
I can’t argue with sgrem and his X5. When I was young my friends dad towed a 25’ Airstream with a 1965 Thunderbird with ease. Of course the T-Bird was a tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rglide09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2019, 07:41 PM   #19
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
Mine is bigger than yours!!!

Buy and drive what you want and can afford.

Sgrem could easily justify a heavy duty diesel truck, but chooses not to. In my mind, that is much more logical than the guy who buys a dually diesel 4 X 4 and carries nothing more than groceries on a paved road.

Last edited by Whitebassfisher; 01-27-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Whitebassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2019, 08:58 AM   #20
rvd2
Formerly known as RVD

rvd2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvd2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvd2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvd2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvd2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvd2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvd2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvd2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvd2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvd2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerrvd2 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Where is the other thread this thread is referencing?
rvd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message