tow trucks - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 01-25-2019, 12:43 PM   #1
Ranger250
Registered Users-pm+

Ranger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRanger250 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
tow trucks

For all of us who purchased a 3/4 ton truck to tow our boats and rv's go to the trucks/trailers/towing forum look under gas vs diesel and read about the guy who thinks towing with his bmw suv is better and safer than towing with a 3/4 ton heavy duty 4 wheel drive truck set up for towing.He thinks he is right and all of us are wrong and wasted our money.Ranger250
Ranger250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #2
WestEndAngler
Cast & Blaster

WestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to PirateWestEndAngler has been promoted to Pirate
I’ll take my 3/4 ton thank you.
WestEndAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #3
chuck richey
Team Purple Haze

chuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Pirate
Majority of the time its not the towing that is an issue its being able to stop what you are towing.
chuck richey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #4
BretE
It ain't easy bein me.........

BretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger250 View Post
For all of us who purchased a 3/4 ton truck to tow our boats and rv's go to the trucks/trailers/towing forum look under gas vs diesel and read about the guy who thinks towing with his bmw suv is better and safer than towing with a 3/4 ton heavy duty 4 wheel drive truck set up for towing.He thinks he is right and all of us are wrong and wasted our money.Ranger250
He roasted you pretty good over there with his own experience of towing daily with both types of vehicles. Don’t come running over here trying to round up a posse. Pull your bigboy pants up and get back in there and tell him yourself......
BretE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 01:31 PM   #5
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
This is laughable. Never said anyone wasted their money. Just sharing MY experience replacing my own 3/4 ton and that for the task i am asking it to do it does tow, handle, and stop better than my 3/4 ton ever thought about.

Nothing negative at all about your experience in your truck. But you simply have not towed with a simiar vehicle.

A lower center of gravity vehicle with same wheelbase as a Tahoe with a very short axle to hitch point, higher performance brakes and higher performance suspension and higher performance steering does the job surprisingly well. ESPECIALLY if your truck is lifted and/or with off road tires. The traction and stability control is superior in that case. Simple physics. Come ride with me and tell me im wrong.

I had both vehicles side by side. Sold the 3/4 ton because that BMW did everything better. And fact is on the used market an equally equipped 1/2 ton was $15k more and i couldnt afford it.

Trust me i was more surprised than you are. Loved the big truck. Had big trucks my whole life. But im a realist and the BMW just does it better. And i get 14mpg towing that big parachute of boat at 70mph. Easily stays on cruise control like that maintaining on overpasses or wherever. 35mpg empty.

That is my side by side experience. Yours is just well my 3/4 ton has to tow better because its a 3/4 ton. Really? Thats laughable. I had both and this is my experience. Made a believer out of me....and most open minded folks willing to consider the alternatives.

Again....under 7500 pounds it is doing surprisingly excellent for my daily towing for a living.

Last edited by sgrem; 01-25-2019 at 01:37 PM.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 01:40 PM   #6
blaze 'em
Registered Users-pm+

blaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirate
Does the BMW come with a gooseneck hitch?

If so I'm in!!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
blaze 'em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 01:46 PM   #7
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Thats hilarious! Good one....

I have towed some fair sized goosenecks trailers on a raised hitch in the reciever before on vehicles with no hitch in the bed. Not with this BMW but dont think it cant be done. Fully legal too. Lol

Again.....under 7500 and under about 600 pounds tongue weight. It is surprisingly impressive.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 02:20 PM   #8
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze 'em View Post
Does the BMW come with a gooseneck hitch?

If so I'm in!!!

Boom!
Attached Images

bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #9
MARK MACALUSO
Registered Users-pm+

MARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to PirateMARK MACALUSO has been promoted to Pirate
That BMW couldn't pull a greasy string out of a Rats Arse. You know I am playing, I have seen Sgrems rig for real at my shop and he is for real.....
MARK MACALUSO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #10
blaze 'em
Registered Users-pm+

blaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
Thats hilarious! Good one....

I have towed some fair sized goosenecks trailers on a raised hitch in the reciever before on vehicles with no hitch in the bed. Not with this BMW but dont think it cant be done. Fully legal too. Lol

Again.....under 7500 and under about 600 pounds tongue weight. It is surprisingly impressive.
Hey I am agreeing with you. You dont have to convince me. I used to tow a 24' welcraft w/a with my wife's diesel jeep no problem. Ride was better (when not towing) and fuel mileage was well over double (when not towing).

That being said I think full of fuel and fishing ready on a trailer theres no way it could safely tow our 25 open contender. But that's where my 3/4 ton diesel comes in

blaze 'em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message