Trout limit 5 upper coast - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-25-2019, 10:13 AM   #1
Pafdrn
Registered Users-pm+

Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pafdrn has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Trout limit 5 upper coast

I heard it passed. Doesn't affect me much 'cause i mostly fish Sabine Lake and have never caught 10. What are your thoughts?
Pafdrn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
Jaysand247
Registered Users-pm+

Jaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to Pirate
Won't affect me either . I fish sabine and put in on the la side. They just sold a bunch of license for La..
Jaysand247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 10:52 AM   #3
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon sad deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pafdrn View Post
I heard it passed. Doesn't affect me much 'cause i mostly fish Sabine Lake and have never caught 10. What are your thoughts?
i personally feel the guides and croakers have completely destroyed our fishery. you couldn't convince me different in a million years.

so after TP&W sits ideally by, for years and years of complete blatant destruction of our fishery, the average laymen has to suffer the consequences. life is a b**^h and then you die. no limit or control of guides, it's a shame how politics works
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
Trouthappy
Trouthappy

Trouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to Pirate
It was inevitable on the upper coast, dropping the trout limit to 5. Too many meat fishermen. And on the Louisiana border 100 yard away, they're killing 25 trout apiece every chance they get. Especially a certain guide from 2Cool who has no qualms about it. For many anglers, it is mentally impossible for them to release a legal trout.

Last edited by Trouthappy; 01-25-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Trouthappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 11:51 AM   #5
Jaysand247
Registered Users-pm+

Jaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouthappy View Post
It was inevitable on the upper coast, dropping the trout limit to 5. Too many meat fishermen. And on the Louisiana border 100 yard away, they're killing 25 trout apiece every chance they get. Especially a certain guide from 2Cool who has no qualms about it. For many people, it is mentally impossible for them to release a legal trout.
The trout limit is 15 for la on sabine.. and most texas fishermen fish the la side of the lake no matter where they put in..
Old 01-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #6
Trouthappy
Trouthappy

Trouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to PirateTrouthappy has been promoted to Pirate
Lots more fish on the Louisiana side, which is natural marsh. The Port Arthur side was levied off in 1969, to fill in with dredge material. I was there and camped on those levies almost every weekend from that fall until the next spring. Saw about five other cars during that entire time. These days I hardly ever keep trout there, except my Cajun friend from Vidor can not release a legal trout, it's too painful for him. And he sulks when I release a trout.
Trouthappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #7
irbjd
Registered Users-pm+

irbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirate
It hasn't passed yet. The TPWD Commission accepted the proposal for the potential reduction, among other issues. It will now proceed to public comment. The final decision will be made at the March 19-20 Commission meeting.

https://fishgame.com/2019/01/5-trout...oast-accepted/
irbjd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 12:02 PM   #8
sabinewhaler88
Registered Users-pm+

sabinewhaler88 has been promoted to Piratesabinewhaler88 has been promoted to Piratesabinewhaler88 has been promoted to Piratesabinewhaler88 has been promoted to Piratesabinewhaler88 has been promoted to Piratesabinewhaler88 has been promoted to Piratesabinewhaler88 has been promoted to Piratesabinewhaler88 has been promoted to Piratesabinewhaler88 has been promoted to Piratesabinewhaler88 has been promoted to Piratesabinewhaler88 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysand247 View Post
The trout limit is 15 for la on sabine.. and most texas fishermen fish the la side of the lake no matter where they put in..
No reason for anyone to keep 15 trout
sabinewhaler88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2019, 12:02 PM   #9
Jaysand247
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by irbjd View Post
It hasn't passed yet. The TPWD Commission accepted the proposal for the potential reduction, among other issues. It will now proceed to public comment. The final decision will be made at the March 19-20 Commission meeting.

https://fishgame.com/2019/01/5-trout...oast-accepted/
Public comment means absolutely nothing to them .. it's a formality.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:02 PM   #10
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
I'm fine with it in this area, but I wish they can figure out a way to leave the surf at 10. When the surf is hot, 10 fish are easy, most under 20" and most males.

One a personal note, it will now be possibly for my brother to catch a limit of trout!
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message