Disappearing thread test - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #1
JJohnson34
Registered Users-pm+

JJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Disappearing thread test

Test 3 [email protected] noon - How many minutes to the block?
JJohnson34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Test... I'm just seeing if my keyboard works... disregard. ;-P

Use Chrome or Firefox.. seems to be less issues with those two.

What type of post was deleted? I haven't had any problems with the posts for.. over 6 weeks. If you think something is happening, report it to me or POC Jetty as we have developed some connections with the company that owns this thing because we want this board to work right.

i know it may not seem like it, but they do want the board to work right and 2cool is still the best board for our area.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:20 PM   #3
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson34 View Post
Test 3 [email protected] noon - How many minutes to the block?

You mentioned Cloudfare Ray in a couple of your earlier posts. Does that mean that you're getting error messages that mention Cloudfare? Your posts don't really say much about the actual problem, just that you're having a problem.

Cloudfare is third party software that is designed to protect servers from things like DDNS attacks. It's interesting that I have not read anyone else mention Cloudfare in any of their problem reports. That could actually be a helpful clue in diagnosing the intermittent issue, but it could also be something unique to your environment.

The very best way to report ANY of these kinds of problems is to send a PM to "Administrator" on this site. Make the subject include a reference to 2CoolFishing, and make the first line of your PM say, "Attention: JeffM". They are paying serious attention to issues here, and working on them. JeffM has given his name in the Technical Support Forum for reports. Make sure to give a thorough description of the problem, as well as the exact wording on any error messages. It's impossible to troubleshoot when all the Tech Support person gets is, "I'm having a problem."

I don't understand why there are so many posts in other forums, and so few in the Technical Support forum, but there's no point in speculating. If you want to see the problems fixed, report them in that forum, and send a PM as I described.

If everyone would do that, it will help narrow down a problem. If everyone is having a similar problem, it says one thing. If a large group is seeing the same problem, but others are not, then Tech Support can try to determine what is unique about that group. If it's only on person, it's pretty obvious that you don't look for a systemic problem. A shotgun works well for shooting birds. It's a terrible way for a tech to have to try to troubleshoot a problem.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2019, 02:24 PM   #4
pocjetty

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
BTW: the CEO of Cloudfare has been outspoken about freedom of speech and censorship on the internet. He has taken a lot of heat for saying that speech is simply words, and that he will not censor content based on words that some people do not like. But he did take down a white supremist website, because they said that he secretly endorsed their ideology. Pretty good stuff in these strange times.

Here's a quote: "One of the greatest strengths of the United States is a belief that speech, particularly political speech, is sacred. A website, of course, is nothing but speech ... A website is speech. It is not a bomb. There is no imminent danger it creates and no provider has an affirmative obligation to monitor and make determinations about the theoretically harmful nature of speech a site may contain."
Old 01-23-2019, 03:22 PM   #5
pocjetty

Echhh. Serious mistake on my part, and too late to edit. Send PM to the account "Consultant". (I said Administrator above.) Everything else the same.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:32 AM   #6
JJohnson34
Registered Users-pm+

JJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Thanks foroffering your assistance.
I searched2Cool fishing forum, connected with the site, went to the general fishing forumthis morning and as expected, my post has vanished, gone. Then I tried beingURL specific. I put https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?p=23652267#post23652267in the address bar and connected with my thread and your responses. Withoutbeing URL specific, the thread disappears. I will send your specific Cloudflareblock copy when it happens again.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:18 AM   #7
pocjetty

PM sent.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:44 AM   #8
pocjetty

JJohnson34 - I really should take this down to the TechSupport forum, but I know I can reach you here.

When I try to quote your posts in this thread, I'm seeing some really strange things. Lots of changed fonts, including the use of the font "Calibri", which isn't in the font list on this website. I've never seen that before. I don't know that it relates to the problems that you are having, but you seem to be having unique problems and this is definitely unique.

Did you intentionally change the font in your posts on this page?

I discovered that one of the other problems here had to do with bad characters in a thread title. I'm thinking that you are somehow getting an unrecognized font in your thread titles, and that is causing a problem.

Last edited by pocjetty; 01-24-2019 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:29 AM   #9
JJohnson34
Registered Users-pm+

Calibri font may cause problem, will change to verdana 10 and see what happens. Thanks for suggestion.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #10
JJohnson34
Registered Users-pm+

I clicked on Tech support forum, got this and 2Cooldisappeared:

BLOCKED BY Suspicious Website Blocked
You attempted to access: http://www,2coolfishing.com/ttmbfourm’forumdisplay.php?f=24
For your protection, this web page has been blocked andsubmitted for review. It id highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page…and 2cool was auto-disconnected.