2019 Texas Red Snapper Roundup - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 01-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #21
gethookedadventures01
Registered Users-pm+

gethookedadventures01 has been promoted to Pirategethookedadventures01 has been promoted to Pirategethookedadventures01 has been promoted to Pirategethookedadventures01 has been promoted to Pirategethookedadventures01 has been promoted to Pirategethookedadventures01 has been promoted to Pirategethookedadventures01 has been promoted to Pirategethookedadventures01 has been promoted to Pirategethookedadventures01 has been promoted to Pirategethookedadventures01 has been promoted to Pirategethookedadventures01 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLIE View Post
I was hoping Texas would put a maximum size on Snapper in order to keep folks from targeting big Snapper. The real egg layers of the Stock. 20 to 30 year old 20 pound fish are really when they began to lay their really large amount of eggs. CCA took them out of the STAR because of that,

For example a 5 year old snapper basically lays no eggs a 15 year old snapper lays approximately 30 million and a 25 year old lays 0ver 60 million

There’s more snapper out there than ever before. I don’t think you have to worry about the egg layers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gethookedadventures01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2019, 10:43 AM   #22
CHARLIE
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
I doubt very much that a 5 year old Snapper would be 32 inches long. Certainly there are exceptions to every rule but the average which should always be taken for measurements etc. So your thoughts are it doesent matter just go after and kill the real brood stock of snapper ?
CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2019, 10:54 AM   #23
Jolly Roger
COME AND TAKE IT

Jolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
I doubt very much that a 5 year old Snapper would be 32 inches long. Certainly there are exceptions to every rule but the average which should always be taken for measurements etc. So your thoughts are it doesent matter just go after and kill the real brood stock of snapper ?

Fisherman kill the brood stock of all species of fish, not just snapper. You going to not catch the 80lb ling if given a chance? how about the 200lb yellowfin? My thoughts are fishermen bitching about killing big snapper are hypocrites.
Jolly Roger is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2019, 10:55 AM   #24
whos your daddy

whos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Pirate
Sorry friends, but if y’all want to talk about things like this take it to the conservation board. This thread is about the Texas Red Snapper Roundup. There is no shortage of red snapper.

Thanks
whos your daddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2019, 10:56 AM   #25
whos your daddy

whos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
Fisherman kill the brood stock of all species of fish, not just snapper. You going to not catch the 80lb ling if given a chance? how about the 200lb yellowfin? My thoughts are fishermen bitching about killing big snapper are hypocrites.

Exactly!
Old 01-23-2019, 11:01 AM   #26
CHARLIE
Registered Users-pm+

Your 100% correct Mark. I can see I have already been called a hypocrite. LOL.

You can accidentally catch giant ling, tuna, other species but not sow snapper.(very rare). They have to be "targeted".
Old 01-23-2019, 11:03 AM   #27
whos your daddy

Quote:
Your 100% correct Mark. I can see I have already been called a hypocrite. LOL.

Lol, so won the STAR with a huge red snapper so many times they had to ban you. Your a great fisherman
Old 01-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #28
CHARLIE
Registered Users-pm+

Back in the dark ages Mark but not much anymore. Have a great tournament. I know it will be. Gotta get down and check it out some day. Good luck my friend.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:36 PM   #29
Calmday
Salty Dawg

Calmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to Pirate
Well that’s a work weekend for me
Calmday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2019, 07:50 PM   #30
whos your daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmday View Post
Well that’s a work weekend for me

Get a different job !! Lol