Concept - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2019, 10:10 AM   #1
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon Concept

last year it was anticipation for the Z, have they released their new reel for this year??
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2019, 10:20 AM   #2
penguin
Registered Users-pm+

penguin has been promoted to Piratepenguin has been promoted to Piratepenguin has been promoted to Piratepenguin has been promoted to Piratepenguin has been promoted to Piratepenguin has been promoted to Piratepenguin has been promoted to Piratepenguin has been promoted to Piratepenguin has been promoted to Piratepenguin has been promoted to Piratepenguin has been promoted to Pirate
Yes they have. It's the [TXZ](https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/13_F...cpage-CTX.html). I don't have one. It's about $100 more than I want to spend.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
penguin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2019, 02:00 PM   #3
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Being a fan of 13 fishing reels, I have no intention on buying the TXZ.

1- I have the Z. Although I do think its a good reel, the CZB bushings aren't what they made out to be. I take the TX, C, or A while the Z sits on the rack. I used a hand full of times and like it, but I don't prefer it over my others.

2- That big *** knobby handle. One of my reasons for liking the Concept reels is the cork knobs. The TXZ has some big knobby EVA grips. Not a fan.

3- $330 is ridiculous. I'd say about $100 less I'd buy it.
dk2429 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2019, 11:06 PM   #4
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post

1- I have the Z. Although I do think its a good reel, the CZB bushings aren't what they made out to be. I take the TX, C, or A while the Z sits on the rack. I used a hand full of times and like it, but I don't prefer it over my others.

2- That big *** knobby handle. One of my reasons for liking the Concept reels is the cork knobs. The TXZ has some big knobby EVA grips. Not a fan.

the spool CZB bushings have to be oiled after use to keep them working properly. surprised no one mentions this?? it outcast my core 50's with ABEC7's though. it's my go to reel.

are the C and A salt water??

the Z is on-sale for $149.00 or $159.00 at academy. tempting.

the TXZ was tempting but a little pricey.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #5
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
Quote:

the spool CZB bushings have to be oiled after use to keep them working properly. surprised no one mentions this?? it outcast my core 50's with ABEC7's though. it's my go to reel.

are the C and A salt water??

the Z is on-sale for $149.00 or $159.00 at academy. tempting.

the TXZ was tempting but a little pricey.
Never oiled my Z because I've rarely used it. Not saying it doesn't cast good. I just prefer the regular ole Concept reels. It also feels cheaper than the others. The A feels superior in quality over the Z IMO.

If you like the Z, great. I've thought about selling mine, but decided to keep being its one of it's kind at this point in time.
dk2429 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 04:42 AM   #6
[email protected]

Allan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Never oiled my Z because I've rarely used it. Not saying it doesn't cast good. I just prefer the regular ole Concept reels. It also feels cheaper than the others. The A feels superior in quality over the Z IMO.

If you like the Z, great. I've thought about selling mine, but decided to keep being its one of it's kind at this point in time.
Free the Z. Upgrade those bushings to Boca orange seal hybrid ceramics

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
979-341-9353 Clute
Allan@Seekfishing.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 05:49 AM   #7
Theblake
Registered Users-pm+

Theblake is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Free the Z. Upgrade those bushings to Boca orange seal hybrid ceramics

Which bearings would the Z (and/or TXZ) use? Those two models aren’t listed as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Theblake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 05:55 AM   #8
[email protected]

Allan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theblake View Post
Which bearings would the Z (and/or TXZ) use? Those two models aren’t listed as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The brake side bearing is a smr103 (3x10x4) and the spool is smr 115 (5x11x4)

979-341-9353 Clute
Old 01-14-2019, 05:56 AM   #9
[email protected]

Quote:
The brake side bearing is a smr103 (3x10x4) and the spool is smr 115 (5x11x4)

The Z is a concept A painted orange

979-341-9353 Clute
Old 01-14-2019, 06:01 AM   #10
Theblake
Registered Users-pm+

Theblake is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
The Z is a concept A painted orange