Cheap offshore tackle - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 01-11-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
TripleCfishing
Registered Users-pm+

TripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Cheap offshore tackle

Do any of yall have any go to deals online for tackle? I've heard a ton of vertical jigs, hooks, and even braid from china is the same stuff just not branded. Anybody got specifics they like to buy? Thank y'all
TripleCfishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2019, 08:06 PM   #2
blaze 'em
Registered Users-pm+

blaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirate
If you like islanders the bass pro branded look alikes (almost identical other than the hole where your leader goes) can be had for half the price of an islander when they go on sale.

I load up on them because I use a lot of islander/ballyhoo and breakoffs do happen.

Just make sure you pay attention to the weight. The dredge heads are way lighter than some of the others.

Other than that it's not really worth it to skimp on leader and line. Would suck to lose a fish of a lifetime because someone wanted to save a few bucks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
blaze 'em is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
whos your daddy

whos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Piratewhos your daddy has been promoted to Pirate
Good tackle isn’t cheap, cheap tackle isn’t good.

Stay with made in the USA if you can. Stay away from cheap China made hooks. Like Blaze em said, don’t skimp with cheap tackle when possibly a fish of a lifetime is on the end of your line.
whos your daddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #4
ding-a-ling
Registered Users-pm+

ding-a-ling has been promoted to Pirateding-a-ling has been promoted to Pirateding-a-ling has been promoted to Pirateding-a-ling has been promoted to Pirateding-a-ling has been promoted to Pirateding-a-ling has been promoted to Pirateding-a-ling has been promoted to Pirateding-a-ling has been promoted to Pirateding-a-ling has been promoted to Pirateding-a-ling has been promoted to Pirateding-a-ling has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by whos your daddy View Post
Good tackle isn’t cheap, cheap tackle isn’t good.

Stay with made in the USA if you can. Stay away from cheap China made hooks. Like Blaze em said, don’t skimp with cheap tackle when possibly a fish of a lifetime is on the end of your line.
What they both said. I'm as cheap as they come, but GoM weather only allows us to get out so often and it would be a shame to lose a big fish to inferior tackle.
ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2019, 10:31 PM   #5
TripleCfishing
Registered Users-pm+

TripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of RiggerTripleCfishing has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Maybe cheap wasn't the correct term. I more meant deals. I am not an idiot when it comes to these things. I know some jigs will need hooks replaced, etc. Just looking if y'all had found any good deals...
Old 01-13-2019, 12:59 AM   #6
TripleCfishing
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCfishing View Post
Maybe cheap wasn't the correct term. I more meant deals. I know some jigs will need hooks replaced, etc. Just looking if y'all had found any good deals mostly on the jigs. You seem to pay for the brand for a lot of these and I am simply just interested in functionality.
Fixed it. Didn't like that wording but missed the edit time. More what I meant
Old 01-13-2019, 02:18 AM   #7
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
The word "cheap" doesn't seem to go with anything offshore related lol

As far as artificial, you can shop around and find some good deals time to time, also look for solid rigs that will hold up, diamond jigs, snapper slappers, buck tail jigs, Benthos, etc

In the off season I'll usually pick up a few here and there, spreading out the expense, so by the time work, weather and wind line up I'm pretty well stocked up

For natural baits, I pour my own weights, 6,8,10oz egg and cannonball sinkers, and they come out to less than .50 cents each (free if you can find the lead, tire weights etc), which is a whole lot cheaper than $4 to $6 each over the counter

I also make up all my double or single drop rigs, using quality hooks, swivels, line, etc, comes out to about $2 to $4 each, as opposed to $10 to $20 over the counter

There is also other resources for cigar minnows and other natural baits as well as chum that can be less than half the cost of what you typically see at bait shops

If you want more details feel free to send me a pm

Relentless
TXFishin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #8
Fishing time
Registered Users-pm+

Fishing time has been promoted to PirateFishing time has been promoted to PirateFishing time has been promoted to PirateFishing time has been promoted to PirateFishing time has been promoted to PirateFishing time has been promoted to PirateFishing time has been promoted to PirateFishing time has been promoted to PirateFishing time has been promoted to PirateFishing time has been promoted to PirateFishing time has been promoted to Pirate
I have good luck with lead weights on ebay around $2/LB shipped. I take inventory of the various sizes then stock up on ones needed.

Look for sales on Amazon for large spools of your favorite line.

Occasionally find deals Amazon for reels, tackle and gear.
Fishing time is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 10:04 PM   #9
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
Here are some of the egg and cannonball sinkers I made while back and a few of the dozens of various snapper / bottom rigs.

I picked up quiet a bit of lead for free at the local tire shops.

Free lead = free weights

eBay billet lead = under .50 cents each

It didn't take much time before I had close to a hundred weights, even after giving some away I have enough to last me awhile, at least that's what my "Lead Addiction and Tackle" counselor told me lol

Relentless
TXFishin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message