Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2019, 11:09 AM   #1
RRTEX1
Registered Users-pm+

RRTEX1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Spinning Reel

Please recommend to me a good spinning reel for inshore fishing that is close to or less than $100?
RRTEX1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
doyou
i fish

doyou has been promoted to the rank of Riggerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Riggerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Riggerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Riggerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Riggerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Riggerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Riggerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Riggerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Riggerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Riggerdoyou has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
penn battle 2 / 2500 size

https://www.amazon.com/Penn-1338219-.../dp/B00LDYJ7CO
doyou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #3
RedFlounderBass
Bayou Burner

RedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to PirateRedFlounderBass has been promoted to Pirate
Shimano Nasci
Diawa BG
RedFlounderBass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #4
Chuck06R1
Registered Users-pm+

Chuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to PirateChuck06R1 has been promoted to Pirate
Penn is running a half price sale on their Spinfisher V

http://www.pennfishing.com/penn-reel...specifications
Chuck06R1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #5
CORNDOGGY
Registered Users-pm+

CORNDOGGY is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
As with ALL Fishing gear period, keep your reels washed and oiled and it'll avoid corrosion. But here's a solid reel that I've used plenty of time with no issues inshore for under 100$

13 Fishing Creed GT Spinning Reel

$89.00 @ Academy : https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/13-...RoCelIQAvD_BwE
CORNDOGGY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 02:32 PM   #6
SWCKurt
Registered Users-pm+

SWCKurt is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CORNDOGGY View Post
As with ALL Fishing gear period, keep your reels washed and oiled and it'll avoid corrosion. But here's a solid reel that I've used plenty of time with no issues inshore for under 100$

13 Fishing Creed GT Spinning Reel

$89.00 @ Academy : https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/13-...RoCelIQAvD_BwE
I love 13 Fishing, but my Creed GT has not lasted me well. Rinsed after every use, and lubed regularly, but the drive gear bearings still rusted on me.
SWCKurt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #7
WillieT
Registered Users-pm+

WillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to PirateWillieT has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck06R1 View Post
Penn is running a half price sale on their Spinfisher V

http://www.pennfishing.com/penn-reel...specifications
Thank you sir. Just ordered one. That’s a heck of a deal.
WillieT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #8
Dubdee
Registered Users-pm+

Dubdee has been promoted to PirateDubdee has been promoted to PirateDubdee has been promoted to PirateDubdee has been promoted to PirateDubdee has been promoted to PirateDubdee has been promoted to PirateDubdee has been promoted to PirateDubdee has been promoted to PirateDubdee has been promoted to PirateDubdee has been promoted to PirateDubdee has been promoted to Pirate
Daiwa BG is absolutely the best spinning reel in that price range. Solid reel with a great drag. There isn’t a good reason to spend more.
Dubdee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 10:36 PM   #9
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
As mentioned, Penn Spinfisher or Battle

I have some Penn Fierce and Garcia Orra that I use for inshore that have held up well with no complaints.

You might want to check out Penn Slammer III as well. I think they won iCAST 2016.

I have two of Penn Slammer III 7500's paired with a Penn Carnage II 7 ft rod I use offshore.

You can find them on sale time to time close to your price range.

Not sure about something like a Slammer lll 3500, but the 7500's I have are a beast. They have 50lbs of drag, and use the same Dura-Drag system as their International's do, IPX6, etc.

They claim the Dura-Drag is practically maintenance free, and had seen advertised that you could tie off to car bumper and drive off at 45mph for some crazy number of miles and still not wear the drag down or heat it up. I don't know about that but I do know the drag is silky smooth and stays cool even cranked down on s big fish

Relentless
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 10:46 PM   #10
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
You can get a Penn Clash 2500 on Ebay for about $115. It's a few bucks more, but not much. Excellent reel.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message