Near Epic Drift and Wade - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #1
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Near Epic Drift and Wade

Killed it... but was not easy. Fished East Matagorda with a buddy of mine that I haven't fished with in a while... the Legend does exist.. Mr. Zephyr Cove himself.. Smackdaddy .. Mac Jank. Mac and I tagged teamed the bay starting early and hunting hard.. we had to hunt for the fish using our best methods and hunting sign in a lot of unknown areas. People think you need to know spots to catch fish and it's just not true, you have to hunt them, sign, and structure.

We caught a limit of trout and a bonus red drifting deep shell. was a grind but worked out with the limit of keepers and half dozen through backs. DownSouth in chicken on chain on 1/8th norton screw lock. Just tickling the shell, occasionally a fish would hit it right under the surface or on the fall as well. 1 fish on a provoker as well.. same deal, tickling the shell and trying not to get hung up.

And if that wasn't enough after the limit (we had to grind out the last two) with one trout up to 22. We headed to several wade fishing areas and popped around down the shoreline until we found an area on the south shoreline that had more bait than the others. Anchored up.. he went to the deep side and I went shallow.. didn't take long and he's whopping and hollering and I finally got out to him. We added another 5 fish to the day as we caught and released trout up to 27". These 5 were all studs from 19 to 27. We released all 5 of those. All of these were caught on FatBoys in Black silver pink belly and bone diamond worked slow.. slow pull then a couple twitches. repeat. It was fun fishing a fatboy again. I didn't need to use my GrassWalker as it was deep enough and not enough shell to need the weedless / snagless rig.

We didn't do anything special other than apply what's in the Limit and Big Trout videos... we applied it and worked hard.. fished all day until we couldn't see to take fish off. Was a grind, it was work, but it was fun work.

Anyone is always welcome to contact me at [email protected] to ask fishing questions or try to figure out what they're not putting to use as they should. [email protected]
Attached Images

Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #2
Prizepig
>*)))><

Prizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to Pirate
Nice report. I noticed the TSL’s on the end cap at Tackle Town the other day when my wife was returning some Christmas stuff. She was rushing me, for good reason I might add, so I didn’t get a chance to grab a few off the shelf to try. Won’t happen next time though. I’ll have to put that store credit to good use. Quick question, and probably a dumb one..........what is the drain fitting for underneath that mess of fish in the ice chest?
Prizepig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM   #3
GSMAN
Registered Users-pm+

GSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to PirateGSMAN has been promoted to Pirate
Great report! Those are some solid trout!
GSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message