Best Wahoo Bait? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 01-08-2019, 11:27 AM   #1
noah5962
Registered Users-pm+

noah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
Best Wahoo Bait?

I want to go to the Flower Gardens this winter and wondering the best baits to pull. I have some of the old blue and Chrome Mylures from a while back but have been out of the game for a while. We just got a 30' Rampage. I need a weather window. Wanted to go this past weekend but the boat isnt quite ready for an overnighter.
noah5962 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #2
lasancha
Registered Users-pm+

lasancha has been promoted to Piratelasancha has been promoted to Piratelasancha has been promoted to Piratelasancha has been promoted to Piratelasancha has been promoted to Piratelasancha has been promoted to Piratelasancha has been promoted to Piratelasancha has been promoted to Piratelasancha has been promoted to Piratelasancha has been promoted to Piratelasancha has been promoted to Pirate
Everyone has their favorites but a good rule of thumb for me is to figure out if the fish are feeding on the surface or down deep (use your sounder) . If the fish are on the surface, islanders with ballyhoo will work great. If they are deeper, stretch 30s or braid marauders work very well. If they are even deeper, run any of these on a downrigger. Pull an assortment of colors to figure out the flavor of the day. Good luck!
lasancha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2019, 08:55 PM   #3
MLBB
Registered Users-pm+

MLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Most every hoo caught on my boat was on this lure.. Even had a REALLY big one shot straight out of the water with it in its mouth! Most exciting moment ever!!
You can see I missed a fish as it took the back 1/2 of the ballyhoo. Double hook rigs for now on!
Attached Images

MLBB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2019, 09:25 PM   #4
Calmday
Salty Dawg

Calmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to PirateCalmday has been promoted to Pirate
The Nomad DTX Minnow (2nd from right) worked great this weekend.
Chris at Serious Tackle has them in stock.
Attached Images

Calmday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2019, 09:51 PM   #5
CHARLIE
Registered Users-pm+

CHARLIE has disabled reputation
Some type of lime green has always been a good starter.
CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2019, 10:14 PM   #6
John the fisherman
Registered Users-pm+

John the fisherman has been promoted to PirateJohn the fisherman has been promoted to PirateJohn the fisherman has been promoted to PirateJohn the fisherman has been promoted to PirateJohn the fisherman has been promoted to PirateJohn the fisherman has been promoted to PirateJohn the fisherman has been promoted to PirateJohn the fisherman has been promoted to PirateJohn the fisherman has been promoted to PirateJohn the fisherman has been promoted to PirateJohn the fisherman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBB View Post
Most every hoo caught on my boat was on this lure.. Even had a REALLY big one shot straight out of the water with it in its mouth! Most exciting moment ever!!

You can see I missed a fish as it took the back 1/2 of the ballyhoo. Double hook rigs for now on!
What lure is that?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
John the fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 08:55 AM   #7
MLBB
Registered Users-pm+

MLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of RiggerMLBB has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by John the fisherman View Post
What lure is that?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I bought a lot of Islander lured several years ago and they were in it, not a Islander lure though. Closest thing I food on eBay search “Bleeding Mackerel “

The head is solid brass with chrome coating nice n heavy!
MLBB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2019, 09:31 AM   #8
Makomecrazy
Registered Users-pm+

Makomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to Pirate
newdollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmday View Post
The Nomad DTX Minnow (2nd from right) worked great this weekend.
Chris at Serious Tackle has them in stock.

34.00 ea for the 200mm
Makomecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #9
ShawnQ
Registered Users-pm+

ShawnQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makomecrazy View Post
34.00 ea for the 200mm
Cabelas and Bass Pro carry them now, and they're cheaper.

I like Chris at Serious, and he's local. I use him when I can. But, if you are not nearby, you may be better off ordering or stopping by one of the above.
ShawnQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #10
jamesw
Registered Users-pm+

jamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the info. I ordered some to complement my marauders.

Cheers
James
jamesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message