Lew's Lite Anti-Reverse Issue - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #11
Fishin' Soldier
Can't be what you ain't.

Fishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to Pirate
Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
Yes all the brands have this system for the anti-reverse bearing.

They have great customer service... send it back to them. They are also sincerely interested in being able to evaluate parts that fail and make them better. The warrant / repair address is on their website.

issue must be hit or miss as I've not had any trouble at all on mine.
Thanks Tobin, I didn't want to have to send both back at the same time.

They have quickly became my go to reels.
Fishin' Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2019, 02:39 PM   #12
B&C
Registered Users-pm+

B&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to Pirate
Rinsed well and have had no issues

My reels have performed almost flawlessly since i stopped this practice.. I wipe the reel off with a damp cloth. Put a drop of oil on the bearings every now and then. I will also pull the spool and rinse the string being careful not to get the bearing wet. The only one that has given me trouble started after it got dunked. I emailed Lews and they sent me a new anti reverse bearing. Great customer service.
B&C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #13
zerch911
Registered Users-pm+

zerch911 has been promoted to Piratezerch911 has been promoted to Piratezerch911 has been promoted to Piratezerch911 has been promoted to Piratezerch911 has been promoted to Piratezerch911 has been promoted to Piratezerch911 has been promoted to Piratezerch911 has been promoted to Piratezerch911 has been promoted to Piratezerch911 has been promoted to Piratezerch911 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&C View Post
My reels have performed almost flawlessly since i stopped this practice.. I wipe the reel off with a damp cloth. Put a drop of oil on the bearings every now and then. I will also pull the spool and rinse the string being careful not to get the bearing wet. The only one that has given me trouble started after it got dunked. I emailed Lews and they sent me a new anti reverse bearing. Great customer service.
I have used this same method for the past year. It seems to be working better for me and also have less issues with my reels. My only exception is if they get dunked, they get a complete break down.
zerch911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #14
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
When I'm done fishing with a rod, I usually attach the lure to the lure keeper on the rod, turn the crank to tighten the line, and place the rod in a rod holder.

On my Lew's, I've noticed that sometimes a little bit of slack will develop in the line during the day while the rods are sitting in the rod holders on the boat. I have to turn the crank slightly to tighten the line back up. Hmmm.....is this a sign of ARB slippage?

My Lew's reels have never been dunked. I tear them down and clean them a few times a year. I have never removed the ARB.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 04:46 AM   #15
[email protected]

Allan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bay View Post
Don’t grease the arb if you do anything with it a heavy oil is best. I like reel x it’s in a red bottle and the oil itself is green. Grease gums it up and can cause it to fail and rem oil or shimano oil or the like is not heavy enough. Gun scrubber or acetone works well to clean them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't use acetone it will eat the plastic

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
979-341-9353 Clute
Allan@Seekfishing.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 06:06 AM   #16
POC Fisherman
Registered Users-pm+

POC Fisherman has been promoted to PiratePOC Fisherman has been promoted to PiratePOC Fisherman has been promoted to PiratePOC Fisherman has been promoted to PiratePOC Fisherman has been promoted to PiratePOC Fisherman has been promoted to PiratePOC Fisherman has been promoted to PiratePOC Fisherman has been promoted to PiratePOC Fisherman has been promoted to PiratePOC Fisherman has been promoted to PiratePOC Fisherman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin' Soldier View Post
I own four of these reels. Two of the four right now are brand new. The two older reels are about a two and three years old. While working baits or setting the hook on a fish it will sometimes allow the handle to spin backwards and cause a backlash. I had to pick out a backlash the other day with a 19" trout pulling on the other end. I have taken good care of these reels. Rinsed well and have had no issues. Both cast and retrieve without issue. Any thoughts? The second reel just started this issue the last two trips.

Operator ERROR!!
POC Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #17
Fishin' Soldier
Can't be what you ain't.

Fishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to Pirate
Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by POC Fisherman View Post
Operator ERROR!!
Good try. I have a little experience though.
Fishin' Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message