Rockport was GLASS 1-4 through 1-6! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-06-2019, 09:37 PM   #1
barronj
SHUFL

barronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Pirate
Rockport was GLASS 1-4 through 1-6!

I rolled in to town on Friday evening and the bay was glass, forecast held through Sunday as I left. Water was still very much out, but for the most part, that had no bearing on my plans because I had my daughters with me and we were going to drown shrimp in deep water. I called up pocjetty and told him my plans, he gave me pointers on locations to target and even brought over a bunch of sheepy rigs for me to tie on! Such a prince. I throw plastics in shallow water, I didn't know squat about fishing rocks and jetty structure for sheepshead.

The water was ripping out in the morning and then flooding back in after about 11. I struggled a little with my anchor at first, but finally found purchase and we stayed and caught fish until my youngest announced we needed a try a new spot. We took a boat ride, then another boat ride, then I cast netted some small mullet for a different approach to things, but we were already close to Conn Brown by that point and we'd been on the water for 6 hours, so we made a small effort with setting out poles but packed it in in short order after I started catching skip jacks on plastic, and nothing else.

Petting the dolphin was their favorite part, then the boat rides, then the unlimited* sodas, then the catching of fish... oh well, at least it made the list. They even let me box a few without too much protest.

barronj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
Trailer Rig
Hooks on Top & Bottom

Trailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome, I could have loaned you my jetty anchor I built. After losing a couple nice store bought anchors, I got creative & built one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Trailer Rig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 10:09 PM   #3
barronj
SHUFL

barronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Piratebarronj has been promoted to Pirate
I saw a couple of boats that looked like yours headed out of the jetties, assumed they were headed to the rigs. I’ve gotta learn that game at some point.
barronj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #4
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Ah, Barron, those are great pics. Those girls may not be as dedicated to catching fish as you are, but they will always remember the days you spend with them. Dolphins come up and check out boats, but it's almost like that one is cooperating to make it a good day for them. You're a good dad.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2019, 10:27 PM   #5
Prizepig
>*)))><

Prizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to PiratePrizepig has been promoted to Pirate
Well done. Quality time on the water with the kiddos. My oldest daughter at 24 still enjoys the dolphin sightings more than the fishing. Kuddos to Pocjetty for giving up those coordinates to the trophy sheepy hole.
Prizepig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2019, 11:03 PM   #6
NOCREEK
Git Bit

NOCREEK has been promoted to PirateNOCREEK has been promoted to PirateNOCREEK has been promoted to PirateNOCREEK has been promoted to PirateNOCREEK has been promoted to PirateNOCREEK has been promoted to PirateNOCREEK has been promoted to PirateNOCREEK has been promoted to PirateNOCREEK has been promoted to PirateNOCREEK has been promoted to PirateNOCREEK has been promoted to Pirate
Perfect day there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NOCREEK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2019, 12:08 PM   #7
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
The porpoise/dolphin picture is great!
Whitebassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2019, 10:09 PM   #8
nosaltincentx
Registered Users-pm+

nosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome pictures! I'm taking my daughter down there in a couple weeks and would love to get her on some fish. Not looking for coordinates or anything, but could you give a quick rundown on the setup you were using? Weights, hook size, etc. I always throw plastics so I'm totally clueless on this type of fishing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
nosaltincentx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2019, 10:56 PM   #9
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaltincentx View Post
Awesome pictures! I'm taking my daughter down there in a couple weeks and would love to get her on some fish. Not looking for coordinates or anything, but could you give a quick rundown on the setup you were using? Weights, hook size, etc. I always throw plastics so I'm totally clueless on this type of fishing.

A man who has Gus McCrae as his avatar picture is okay in my book. PM sent.
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2019, 11:06 PM   #10
nosaltincentx
Registered Users-pm+

nosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Piratenosaltincentx has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocjetty View Post
A man who has Gus McCrae as his avatar picture is okay in my book. PM sent.
It paid off!! The same should be said about a man that has Woodrow F. Call as his avatar! Thanks for the PM.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
nosaltincentx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message