Waterproof Duffle for boat - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #21
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
Plus most of these bags have plastic teeth zippers but have a metal zip and it eventually corrodes. I used to have one of those bags, didn't make it 2 years.

I like roll top bags, but don't get the ones with the windows.. either get complete clear vinyl or complete colored vinyl, NO WINDOWS.. all the window ones I've had leak.

for a bag or duffel, that one posted by Habanero Joe looks like it's perfect combination of roll top and duffel combined.

I bought an Ozark Trail Cooler and even though it doesn't hold ice as good as the yetti, I'd say so far the zippers are holding up great and seem to be sealed. That looks like a good low cost option.
I'm not sure about the newer BassPro bags, but the one I'm using is all plastic zipper and zipper pull, going about 8 years now and no issues

The fold over and buckle style are really nice though, simple design and going on 4 years with the one I posted, and that thing can hold a ton of stuff, enough clothes, towels and junk for a family of 5

For zippers, I started using this, below, on my Isinglass windows (they can be a pain with heavy offshore salt), prior to using this I just ran a bar of soap over the zippers or candle wax, which would work pretty well for a few months at a time, but this stuff seems to last much longer.

I also use it on all my other zippers, snaps, life jackets, bags, whatever zips or snaps lol, I think any silicone grease will work though, but one tube of this will go a long way

Star Brite Snap and Zipper Lubricant with PTEF https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014489WM..._Y41pCbVEF8Y74

Relentless
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2019, 10:55 AM   #22
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReedA1691 View Post
For key-fobs and cell pone, I use a small plastic clamp style hard plastic dry box small enough to fit in the center console or leaning post.
Same here, I keep a couple of small dry boxes maybe 4 from Wal-Mart, on my console I think Plano makes them.

My Note 8 is waterproof, but I use these for my wife's cellphone and a couple of other devices, works pretty good and you can still operate your phone thru the bag

Submariner Waterproof Phone Pouch - Swipe Sideways On Any Phone To Access Camera - Heavy-Duty Universal Waterproof Case For Apple iPhone X 8 7 6 Samsung S9 S8 S7 S6 Note HTC LG Sony Nokia Motorola https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ND6H3AS..._Tc2pCbF8RZ22B

Relentless
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2019, 10:22 PM   #23
TOM WEBER
Cazadora

TOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to PirateTOM WEBER has been promoted to Pirate
SeaLline bags. I have a large zippered bag since 91 that has never leaked and been thru a lot. Have one of their smaller rolled top duffels. IT IS GREAT AS WELL. Water has never been in my big one and I have kept it below deck for months at a time. When zipped air does not escape if you push on it. Zipper lasts if you keep it lubricated but more importantly always keep it closed. Referring to the zip duffle....expensive but like I said I have had my big one and it has been abused for 28 years now.
TOM WEBER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2019, 06:17 PM   #24
alant
Registered Users-pm+

alant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamucc04 View Post
Slightly off topic but I recently put "drainage tile" in the bottom on the storage on my boat. Especially if you plan on leaving the bags in the boat. Lets water out and air move around vs getting trapped under the bags and molding in the compartments.

I just ordered the lightweight plastic stuff off amazon not the heavy rubber mats
Do you happen to have a link?
alant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2019, 07:39 AM   #25
habanerojooz
Registered Users-pm+

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by alant View Post
Do you happen to have a link?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have these tiles. They come in a pack of 12. They're 1' x 1' and easy to trim with a sharp utility knife. I used them under my ice chest in my last boat. Water flows under them easily. Using them in storage areas to get stuff off the floor and help it stay dry is a great idea. They're not cheap but they're rugged and more than sturdy enough for the task.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2019, 09:21 AM   #26
alant
Registered Users-pm+

alant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Piratealant has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by habanerojooz View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have these tiles. They come in a pack of 12. They're 1' x 1' and easy to trim with a sharp utility knife. I used them under my ice chest in my last boat. Water flows under them easily. Using them in storage areas to get stuff off the floor and help it stay dry is a great idea. They're not cheap but they're rugged and more than sturdy enough for the task.
Thanks for posting.
alant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2019, 06:06 PM   #27
cuzn dave
Registered Users-pm+

cuzn dave has been promoted to Piratecuzn dave has been promoted to Piratecuzn dave has been promoted to Piratecuzn dave has been promoted to Piratecuzn dave has been promoted to Piratecuzn dave has been promoted to Piratecuzn dave has been promoted to Piratecuzn dave has been promoted to Piratecuzn dave has been promoted to Piratecuzn dave has been promoted to Piratecuzn dave has been promoted to Pirate
Back to the duffle topic-
Penn has a promotion going now for a free one with I think $200. purchase.
I got one of theirs, backpack type on a similar deal about 3-4 years ago and am very happy with it. You don't have to buy from them, just redeem coupon with them.
cuzn dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2019, 06:55 PM   #28
TreyW81
POC H20

TreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTreyW81 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
RTIC

Has anyone tried the RTIC duffel bags they sell on their website?
TreyW81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2019, 07:29 AM   #29
stumpgrinder3
Registered Users-pm+

stumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Piratestumpgrinder3 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyW81 View Post
Has anyone tried the RTIC duffel bags they sell on their website?
I have 3 and they work fine and are very water proof , so far. Note, the medium bag is big and the large bag is huge !
stumpgrinder3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message