Waterproof Duffle for boat - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
Icetrey
Registered Users-pm+

Icetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to PirateIcetrey has been promoted to Pirate
Waterproof Duffle for boat

I'm trying to find a large duffle bag to use on the boat. Last year was my first year with a bay boat and of course you don't really know what you like/prefer until you're out there. I'd prefer one bag to throw pretty much everything into and put it in the front hatch.

The ideal bag would be the Bass Pro bag that's advertised as a boat bag, but the reviews mention lots of water getting in just from rain. Any recommendations from anyone? I'd like to keep it under $100.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Icetrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2019, 08:44 PM   #2
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Look for kayak / canoe style water proof boat stuff bags that the opening folds over three times then clip buckle if you want better waterproof.

Also as a new boat owner you will learn that everything stuffed into one big bag and thrown into a hatch will turn into one big bag of a big mess in that hatch.

Only bring what you need. Keep it aired out....separate stuff. The water tight plastic ammo boxes or good for stuff that size. Separate what you can into smaller organization. Really care for and oil what you will really need.

For example. I have a pair of $12 bolt cutters that are 8" long for cutting a hook out of someone. They get sprayed with corrosionX then put in a vacuum sealed bag. And that's how they stay in my tool kit. Heaven forbid If ever opened they get cleaned and resprayed and revacuum sealed immediately at the end of a trip.

Bags hold moisture. So I suggest keeping stuff that don't really need to be moisture proof out of the bag in the hatch (like life jackets or nets or wade gear or bucket - keep open air and free) with your throw ring readily accessible on top. And especially life jackets out and accessible.

Then tackle and hooks and tools in small boxes you can manage. Less is best.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 11:44 PM   #3
RedHeadFisher
Registered Users-pm+

RedHeadFisher is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Lews boat bag has been my go-to for years. You can put a few Plano boxes in there to keep it organized. Great price too!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XLFRIM..._aDymCbA938480

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedHeadFisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2019, 12:40 AM   #4
callsignsleepy
work magic box...

callsignsleepy has been promoted to Piratecallsignsleepy has been promoted to Piratecallsignsleepy has been promoted to Piratecallsignsleepy has been promoted to Piratecallsignsleepy has been promoted to Piratecallsignsleepy has been promoted to Piratecallsignsleepy has been promoted to Piratecallsignsleepy has been promoted to Piratecallsignsleepy has been promoted to Piratecallsignsleepy has been promoted to Piratecallsignsleepy has been promoted to Pirate
you could always go with the RTIC Duffel's. The small is 70, medium is 90, and the large is just over 100
callsignsleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 01:19 AM   #5
habanerojooz
Registered Users-pm+

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
I have that same Lew's boat bag and I use it as my tackle box. I can squeeze 5 plano lure boxes inside.

My previous boat was a wet ride when crossing heavy chop. I wanted a water proof duffel bag that could hold jackets, waders, boots, extra clothes, towel, etc. Research led me to the 60L sized Sak Gear Duffelsak (L 23" x W 12" x H 15"). The Duffelsak holds everything I want to carry and it always keeps things dry. I've been very happy with my Duffelsak.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 02:07 AM   #6
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Maybe I misunderstood and jumped off a limb there....

If your talking as a tackle bag i just use the boat bags from BPS or Academy and put several plane 3700 or 3600 boxes in there along with whatever tackle I think I may need. May get moisture sometimes but not enough to soak into the tackle boxes too.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 09:55 AM   #7
marlin lane
Registered Users-pm+

marlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
the problem with most bags-i believe the bass pro bags- is that the zippers are not sewn in with waterproof cloth and most moisture/leakage comes from the zippers-for clothes and odds and ends I use duffels like, and including bass pro duffels and just keep them away from areas prone to getting wet-mostly kept in deck boxes with gaskets or in the small cabin on my cc
marlin lane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #8
Kevin Spectackler
Registered Users-pm+

Kevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to PirateKevin Spectackler has been promoted to Pirate
Another vote for the fold the end over and clasp style bags. I have several of various sizes to keep things organized. Small red ones with a clear side to see what’s inside for tools and first aid, medium yellow ones for neck gators, sungloves, hats, phone accessories like chargers and spare waterproof cases, large blue one for jackets and cold weather things. Smaller ones can be found in the kayak section of Academy, yellow ones in the boat accessories section. Don’t recall where the larger blue one came from, probably Amazon or Academy.
Kevin Spectackler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 12:09 PM   #9
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
For my general "dry bag" to keep towels, clothes, misc items in, I've been using this one for 3 years now and no complaints

Fold over closure, simple, and tons of room for the large version

DRY PAK Waterproof Duffel Bag, LG, Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002PKJ1PS..._pyJmCb2QSXT8W

Relentless
TXFishin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2019, 06:03 PM   #10
wildbill
Registered Users-pm+

wildbill has been promoted to Piratewildbill has been promoted to Piratewildbill has been promoted to Piratewildbill has been promoted to Piratewildbill has been promoted to Piratewildbill has been promoted to Piratewildbill has been promoted to Piratewildbill has been promoted to Piratewildbill has been promoted to Piratewildbill has been promoted to Piratewildbill has been promoted to Pirate
x2 on this bag. This is the same bag I keep in my truck packed as my “go bag” for marine search and rescue calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habanerojooz View Post
My previous boat was a wet ride when crossing heavy chop. I wanted a water proof duffel bag that could hold jackets, waders, boots, extra clothes, towel, etc. Research led me to the 60L sized Sak Gear Duffelsak (L 23" x W 12" x H 15"). The Duffelsak holds everything I want to carry and it always keeps things dry. I've been very happy with my Duffelsak.
wildbill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message