Navigation hazzard--Espiritu Santo Bay - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2019, 09:18 AM   #1
padrefigure
Registered Users-pm+

padrefigure has been promoted to Piratepadrefigure has been promoted to Piratepadrefigure has been promoted to Piratepadrefigure has been promoted to Piratepadrefigure has been promoted to Piratepadrefigure has been promoted to Piratepadrefigure has been promoted to Piratepadrefigure has been promoted to Piratepadrefigure has been promoted to Piratepadrefigure has been promoted to Piratepadrefigure has been promoted to Pirate
Navigation hazzard--Espiritu Santo Bay

One of the channel marker poles marking the channel across Espiritu Santo Bay from the Army Cut to the Park Station on Matagorda island has been knocked over by wind, waves, boat or barge. The tip of the piling is about 10" in diameter and is at or just below the water level. The butt is still embedded in the bay bottom so this is a major hazzard for boaters and duck hunters. I don't think it will be visible in almost all conditions but is especially dangerous at night. I believe that it would be the second post after you leave the Army cut headed across the bay which should put it about a mile into the bay. I marked it with my GPS at N 28 23.459 W096 29.040. It is in about 8 feet of water.

Be careful out there.
padrefigure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2019, 09:40 AM   #2
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
Did you notify the Coast Guard about it so they'll take care of it?

TH
Old 01-04-2019, 10:34 AM   #3
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
thanks for the note and for letting everyone know
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2019, 05:36 PM   #4
Trailer Rig
Hooks on Top & Bottom

Trailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to Pirate
When I was last down after Thanksgiving, 2 of the big markers out of Fishing Center were still down at water level, 1 has been that way a long time. That big pole out of Army Cut would be a hull breaker.
Trailer Rig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 06:37 PM   #5
POC Fishin' Gal
Registered Users-pm+

POC Fishin' Gal has been promoted to PiratePOC Fishin' Gal has been promoted to PiratePOC Fishin' Gal has been promoted to PiratePOC Fishin' Gal has been promoted to PiratePOC Fishin' Gal has been promoted to PiratePOC Fishin' Gal has been promoted to PiratePOC Fishin' Gal has been promoted to PiratePOC Fishin' Gal has been promoted to PiratePOC Fishin' Gal has been promoted to PiratePOC Fishin' Gal has been promoted to PiratePOC Fishin' Gal has been promoted to Pirate
I have notified the Coast Guard about the one in Saluria, #33 I think, and the one in Fishermans cut. Was told (finally) that yes they are hazard, and it is not their responsibility, check with the state. I have written a letter to the person at TPW that is over this department, can't ever get him on the phone, but just recently sent it to him. Anyone wanting his info, please let me know. I personally think it is ridiculas that someone in some official capacity has not at least put some type of marker on these hazards until they can be repaired.
POC Fishin' Gal is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #6
easyrider25
Registered Users-pm+

easyrider25 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Not sure but I think the GLO is I in charge of the marker poles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
easyrider25 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 04:20 PM   #7
flatsjunky
Registered Users-pm+

flatsjunky has been promoted to the rank of Bosunflatsjunky has been promoted to the rank of Bosunflatsjunky has been promoted to the rank of Bosunflatsjunky has been promoted to the rank of Bosunflatsjunky has been promoted to the rank of Bosunflatsjunky has been promoted to the rank of Bosunflatsjunky has been promoted to the rank of Bosunflatsjunky has been promoted to the rank of Bosunflatsjunky has been promoted to the rank of Bosunflatsjunky has been promoted to the rank of Bosunflatsjunky has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
I hear you load and clear. You should see west matty on a minus tide. Metal all over just under the water line. I think of marking them and i should however i can not launch on a minus tide. My friend has a smaller boat maybe we that will do.
flatsjunky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 07:11 PM   #8
Rockfish2
Registered Users-pm+

Rockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to Pirate
There’s also one bent over and sheared off that sits about 2 feet above the normal tide waterline as you’re heading into the old base harbor on the island. I think it’s like the 4th to last one as you’re heading in, about 1/2 mile from the island.
Rockfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2019, 08:26 AM   #9
JJohnson34
Registered Users-pm+

JJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerJJohnson34 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Thanks
JJohnson34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2019, 09:23 PM   #10
Navi
Registered Users-pm+

Navi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to PirateNavi has been promoted to Pirate
I’m surprised coast guard isn’t responsible for that, I could of swore that was covered in my captain class as them being in charge of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Navi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message