Weather Window Flower Gardens? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 01-03-2019, 08:45 AM   #1
noah5962
Registered Users-pm+

noah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matenoah5962 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
Weather Window Flower Gardens?

Thinking about Stetson and The Gardens this weekend. Do you think the Wahoo have showed up? We might have a weather window.

GMZ375-032230-
Waters from High Island to Freeport TX from 20 to 60 NM-
354 AM CST Thu Jan 3 2019

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON

TODAY
East winds 20 to 30 knots and gusty early this morning,
diminishing later this morning, then becoming northwest near 20
knots in the afternoon.

TONIGHT
Northwest winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet with
occasional seas up to 8 feet.

FRIDAY
Northwest winds 15 to 20 knots decreasing to 10 to
15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 5 feet.

[COLOR="Blue"]FRIDAY NIGHT
Northwest winds around 10 knots becoming north
after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 feet.

SATURDAY
Northeast winds around 5 knots becoming southeast in
the afternoon. Seas 1 to 2 feet.

SATURDAY NIGHT
Southeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 1 to
2 feet.

SUNDAY
Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet.
noah5962 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
ShawnQ
Registered Users-pm+

ShawnQ has disabled reputation
I'm curious as well, and also watching the potential window.

I doubt it lays down very calm with the shifting wind, though.
ShawnQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #3
Shredded Evidence
Registered Users-pm+

Shredded Evidence has been promoted to PirateShredded Evidence has been promoted to PirateShredded Evidence has been promoted to PirateShredded Evidence has been promoted to PirateShredded Evidence has been promoted to PirateShredded Evidence has been promoted to PirateShredded Evidence has been promoted to PirateShredded Evidence has been promoted to PirateShredded Evidence has been promoted to PirateShredded Evidence has been promoted to PirateShredded Evidence has been promoted to Pirate
Looks to me to be a very small window and not smooth on either side of Saturday. Could be a bumpy ride in if it comes earlier.
Shredded Evidence is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2019, 10:11 AM   #4
ShawnQ
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded Evidence View Post
Looks to me to be a very small window and not smooth on either side of Saturday. Could be a bumpy ride in if it comes earlier.

I was thinking the ride in would be OK with a S/SE wind, following sea is not bad in my boat.

My concern is the 'slop' created from a NW/NE/SE/S wind shift, all in a short period
Old 01-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
WestEnd1
Dizzy Dorado

WestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to PirateWestEnd1 has been promoted to Pirate
Just catch a ride with someone on the other 41 boats headed out there for the WWC
WestEnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 11:18 AM   #6
ShawnQ
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestEnd1 View Post
Just catch a ride with someone on the other 41 boats headed out there for the WWC

Is that an offer on the Dizzy Dorado?
Old 01-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #7
Jolly Roger
COME AND TAKE IT

Jolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to Pirate
Doable, but my guess is ride back will be bumpy and wet unless you suicide dayrun on saturday. My little girl wants to shoot some pigs, or I would be getting boat ready friday. Windows this time of the year seem to always be short, so take them when you can.
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 07:34 PM   #8
hog
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time

hog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestEnd1 View Post
The East or West Flower Gardens on a Weather Prediction of SE 0-10 winds with 1' to 2' In January

Maybe a Marine Traffic Cop can ride the tie off bouy with a whistle and a flag.
J/K

Name:  FLOWERGARDEN.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  42.1 KB

Everyone Be safe and Catch a big'n
hog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 08:34 PM   #9
freespool
Registered Users-pm+

freespool has been promoted to Piratefreespool has been promoted to Piratefreespool has been promoted to Piratefreespool has been promoted to Piratefreespool has been promoted to Piratefreespool has been promoted to Piratefreespool has been promoted to Piratefreespool has been promoted to Piratefreespool has been promoted to Piratefreespool has been promoted to Piratefreespool has been promoted to Pirate
Getting my Eskimo gear ready for a fast run Saturday. 3 hours at 40 knots when 40 degrees will set a chill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
freespool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 09:02 PM   #10
Picudo Azul
Registered Users-pm+

Picudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to Pirate
Wahoo are a 72 to 74 degree water temperature fish this time of year. At least that’s where I’ve done my best. Bottom line is if you don’t go you won’t catch nothing. Good luck and be safe. Check the weather
Picudo Azul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message