Nauticstar 265 XTS Trailering. - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2019, 09:53 AM   #1
schoalbeast101
Registered Users-pm+

schoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirateschoalbeast101 has been promoted to Pirate
flounder Nauticstar 265 XTS Trailering.

I am considering talking to someone about this boat at the boat show this weekend. I really only have 2 concerns. One is trailering this rig as I will store it in a stall near where I live. The second concern is how much water is needed under this boat to drift? We have a house on Caney Creek and I think it would be a great rig to go through Mitchell's Cut and fish offshore when the weather allows but I also want to be able to drift some shallow stuff in East Bay. Comments please.
schoalbeast101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
Tigerhead52
Registered Users-pm+

Tigerhead52 has been promoted to PirateTigerhead52 has been promoted to PirateTigerhead52 has been promoted to PirateTigerhead52 has been promoted to PirateTigerhead52 has been promoted to PirateTigerhead52 has been promoted to PirateTigerhead52 has been promoted to PirateTigerhead52 has been promoted to PirateTigerhead52 has been promoted to PirateTigerhead52 has been promoted to PirateTigerhead52 has been promoted to Pirate
I think you're going to have to provide a little more information before anyone can answer your questions.

1. What do you plan on trailering with? Any boat will trailer but you have to be able to stop the boat. A full size 1/2 ton pickup should be fine, but putting a trailer hitch on a minivan would not be recommended.

2. How shallow is the water you want to drift? The specs say it drafts 16". If you put four grown men and their gear in the boat, it might draft closer to 18 to 20 inches. The review I saw characterized this boat as a combo bay boat/offshore boat. So if your looking to get in the shallower parts of East Matagorda Bay, I would say it's not ideal because it's not a flats boat. Stay in the deeper parts of the bay in the summer time and you might be ok. The same spots in the winter time would be a no go.

If you are dead set on reaching the shallow areas, I would look around the boat show for a combo flats boat/bay boat. You will have to limit your offshore trips to calm days, but you will be able to go shallower than with this rig imo.
Tigerhead52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 08:23 AM   #3
chad
Registered Users-pm+

chad has been promoted to Piratechad has been promoted to Piratechad has been promoted to Piratechad has been promoted to Piratechad has been promoted to Piratechad has been promoted to Piratechad has been promoted to Piratechad has been promoted to Piratechad has been promoted to Piratechad has been promoted to Piratechad has been promoted to Pirate
After Harvey took out my bay and offshore boats i decided to go with one boat... a hybrid. This was one of the vessels i considered, but ultimately decided on the 26' Crevalle Bay. I can maneuver it in water just under knee deep, and i have had it 60 miles offshore. We do a lot of wade fishing in the bays with it and did close to 10 offshore trips. I believe the specs on the two boats are similar, but I preferred the Crevalle personally.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message