Colorado River Diversion Channel Reports - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
Bayou_Bowhunter
Registered Users-pm+

Bayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to Pirate
Colorado River Diversion Channel Reports

Does anyone have any reports on fishing/water flow/etc?
Bayou_Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #2
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
There's still logs floating down the ICW, so I doubt the diversion is any different.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:43 PM   #3
GoneSouth
Registered Users-pm+

GoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to PirateGoneSouth has been promoted to Pirate
There is a large snag at the end of Braggs cut. You can get around it be be aware in the dark. There is a new channel out into west baby. But the tides have been very low and I only go out there in m my airboat. The mouth of the diversion is littered with logs and debris. If you go slow you will probably ground with the low tide. If you go fast... If you have a very shallow draft you can try it. I have not been out the new channel in the haynie yet. I went out mad island. Traffic through the locks can slow you down though.
GoneSouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #4
T-Muney
Registered Users-pm+

T-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to Pirate
River is back to normal levels and tide has been very low.
T-Muney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #5
Bayou_Bowhunter
Registered Users-pm+

Bayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to PirateBayou_Bowhunter has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Muney View Post
River is back to normal levels and tide has been very low.
Thanks, I’m heading there for 4-6 nights over New Years and I’m hoping that there will be some trout in the River/Diversion Channel.
Bayou_Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #6
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
Don't count on it. I'd be looking at other plans for places to fish. If you get really lucky it may be fishable, but that doesn't mean it'll have many fish. It's been flushed out with fresh water for so long now who knows how long it'll be before a decent number of fish move back up. Also, if we get any rain at all, and I mean ANY rain at all, it'll be muddy again. Everything is so saturated even still that any rain at all will cause a whole new influx of muddy runoff. It's just been one of those years for fishing the river. I'm not holding out much hope.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2018, 11:27 AM   #7
T-Muney
Registered Users-pm+

T-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou_Bowhunter View Post
Thanks, I’m heading there for 4-6 nights over New Years and I’m hoping that there will be some trout in the River/Diversion Channel.
It’s back to normal levels but still fresh. Current forecasts show it will be rising again over the next few days so the river is probably going to be a no go unless u want blue cats and gar.
T-Muney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #8
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou_Bowhunter View Post
Not a chance. See above. It's all been fresh, and after last night there were be more coming.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:32 PM   #9
willg
Registered Users-pm+

willg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Pirate
Has anyone been in the diversion channel over the last day or two and have an update?

Thanks.
willg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 09:04 PM   #10
willg
Registered Users-pm+

willg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Piratewillg has been promoted to Pirate
I checked it out today. Blown out, logs and limbs everywhere, super muddy.
willg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message