Caught mullet on a Jerk Shrimp! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
Marker 54 Lures
Registered Users-pm+

Marker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to Pirate
Caught mullet on a Jerk Shrimp!

this is the unedited video .. its a tad long for todays A.D.D viewer. But if you can last all 3 min .. the mullet tried to eat my Jerk Shrimp !! hahahahahaha

https://youtu.be/_oaUyEAY-Sg
Marker 54 Lures is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2018, 06:40 PM   #2
chriserman
Registered Users-pm+

chriserman has been promoted to Piratechriserman has been promoted to Piratechriserman has been promoted to Piratechriserman has been promoted to Piratechriserman has been promoted to Piratechriserman has been promoted to Piratechriserman has been promoted to Piratechriserman has been promoted to Piratechriserman has been promoted to Piratechriserman has been promoted to Piratechriserman has been promoted to Pirate
Many years ago on vacation with my parents in Florida we caught HUGE mullet on just shrimp. Apparently over there they actually eat them. I've tried mullet once when Elks Club had a fish fry on the beach and the only fish they caught in the net were mullet. Actually not bad. Very mushy meat but taste was fine (that was 50 years ago on Deep South Padre Island.
chriserman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2018, 06:54 PM   #3
ddakota
Registered Users-pm+

ddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirate
I believe you. I’ve caught a couple of big mullet like that on artificial lures over the years - in the mouth, it was a strike, they bit it. Had pretty much the same reaction.....can you believe this!?
ddakota is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2018, 06:34 AM   #4
TIMBOv2
That's "V-square",not "V-twin"

TIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to PirateTIMBOv2 has been promoted to Pirate
Pretty cool. I caught a river shad on an artificial bait a few years back. Surprised the hell out of me. As lire was getting close to the boat sand shot out from under boat and hammered my lure.
TIMBOv2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2018, 08:32 AM   #5
Marker 54 Lures
Registered Users-pm+

Marker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to PirateMarker 54 Lures has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddakota View Post
I believe you. I’ve caught a couple of big mullet like that on artificial lures over the years - in the mouth, it was a strike, they bit it. Had pretty much the same reaction.....can you believe this!?
i know i get sheepshead now and then on the jerk shrimp but a mullet was my first.. I'm still giggling ..

dam mullet are stinky ..
Old 12-23-2018, 09:22 AM   #6
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Josh, you're hillarious man! You're talking 'Next Level' LOL
Old 12-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #7
Csafisher
Waiting on duck season...

Csafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to Pirate
I’ve caught two mullet. One on gulp and one on spook jr. In the mouth. Definitely odd.
Csafisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2018, 07:19 AM   #8
Marker 54 Lures
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csafisher View Post
I’ve caught two mullet. One on gulp and one on spook jr. In the mouth. Definitely odd.
gulp makes sense ... to be entirely honest i had scented my shrimp with a scent formula were trying to patent, that in testing seems superior to gulp. So I'm 1000% sure thats why the mullet tried to eat my shrimp but were keeping that a secret until the patent comes thru.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:26 PM   #9
ddakota
Registered Users-pm+

ddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirateddakota has been promoted to Pirate
I completely forgot about mullet fishing when we were kids.

We would take a loaf of white bread to Contraband Bayou at Ryan Street when the big mullet showed up. Tear up the bread slices into little pieces and throw it into the water. After awhile the mullet would show up and start slurping the little pieces of bread up. We fished with white tiny torpedos, the mullet bit them thinking it was bread. We used to catch the heck out of them for fun.

Cops would stop by to see what we were doing, as we were on McNeese State University property. They would laugh at us, then stare in amazement as a gang of 10 yr olds would start reeling in 2 lb mullet on our little Zebcos. You had to let the little torpedo just sit there like a piece of bread, when they came up to slurp it, bam....fish on.
ddakota is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #10
capt2016
Registered Users-pm+

capt2016 has been promoted to Piratecapt2016 has been promoted to Piratecapt2016 has been promoted to Piratecapt2016 has been promoted to Piratecapt2016 has been promoted to Piratecapt2016 has been promoted to Piratecapt2016 has been promoted to Piratecapt2016 has been promoted to Piratecapt2016 has been promoted to Piratecapt2016 has been promoted to Piratecapt2016 has been promoted to Pirate
Snagged this one throwing top water
Attached Images

capt2016 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message