Floater trip- no photos - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 12-18-2018, 08:47 PM   #1
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
Floater trip- no photos

David, his cousin Ben and I were in David's 27 Seahunt and got there about an hour before dark. We through Halco's at Boomvang with nothing biting so we headed to Nancen with the other few boats. It was a pretty sloppy sea out there. Bruce mentioned 3's with an occasional 4 and I'd agree. I think it was the residual from the 15 ft seas a couple of days earlier. Either way, it made for a bumpy ride the last 15 miles. I will note we saw a lot of big logs/debris on the way there and on the way home...be careful!
The tuna action didn't start until about midnight for us. David took a short nap while Ben and I trolled halcos with no success. I started seeing blowups next to the rig so we woke David up, got the lines in and started casting. I got the first BFT shortly after and then we started catching. We caught probably 10-15 of them but no YFT. By morning, we were tired and ready to head home but decided to troll for a bit. I got bit and we had one barely legal YFT in the boat. Ben was next with one about the same size. We dropped a live bait at Sunrise on the way home and came unbuttoned on something big but nothing after that so we headed home. Seas flattened out and we could have waterskied home the last 30 miles. (posted this report here as posting new topics has been broken for me for a few days)
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2018, 03:29 PM   #2
Softop
Registered Users-pm+

Softop is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I was out there Monday and yesterday in a blue Everglades 35 and felt like we were the smallest boat out there. Badass going out in. 27!!! We had a strikeout on yft also, but got a report Hoover was hot.
Softop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #3
ReelHazard
Registered Users-pm+

ReelHazard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReelHazard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReelHazard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReelHazard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReelHazard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReelHazard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReelHazard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReelHazard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReelHazard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReelHazard has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerReelHazard has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
We were on the 36 contender out there with yall. We tried to get yall on the radio a few times. We ended up losing one YFT at the gaff and then caught another that went 50#. It was frustrating with all the top water action but no takers. No blackfin for us either. Good to hear Hoover was hot. I was considering going out there but chose to stay close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softop View Post
I was out there Monday and yesterday in a blue Everglades 35 and felt like we were the smallest boat out there. Badass going out in. 27!!! We had a strikeout on yft also, but got a report Hoover was hot.
ReelHazard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2019, 08:20 PM   #4
Softop
Registered Users-pm+

Softop is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
It was crazy how many YFT we saw breach the surface. We put out live bait but the cudas kept cutting them off. Sorry radio was off and stereo was on. Where y’all out of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelHazard View Post
We were on the 36 contender out there with yall. We tried to get yall on the radio a few times. We ended up losing one YFT at the gaff and then caught another that went 50#. It was frustrating with all the top water action but no takers. No blackfin for us either. Good to hear Hoover was hot. I was considering going out there but chose to stay close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softop View Post
Softop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 09:02 PM   #5
1born2fish
Registered Users-pm+

1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Thanks for the report guys, my 36 YF is almost done, I can't wait to hit the floaters,
1born2fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message