Wading jacket - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2018, 12:49 AM   #11
BobBobber
BobBobber

BobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to PirateBobBobber has been promoted to Pirate
Orvis and Patagonia wading jackets short enough not to get wet unless you wade to top of your waders. Patagonia was best I ever owned but price is scary. Check on eBay. Sometimes you get unbelievably cheap deals on "as new" items. Rich guys trade often, or their wives do.
BobBobber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2018, 05:47 AM   #12
StinkyFingerMullet
Registered Users-pm+

StinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to Pirate
I buy some but not all Simms gear from https://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~simms/ I bought the $350 guide jacket from there for $180 and I love it. I think there hats and shirts are off spec and sent to these outlet store. Some of my shirts fit funny and I had a hat that fit like a Yamaka. lol But the jacket was all good.

Bad news for you is it looks like they are out of the Guide Jackets, they have been on there day in and day out for over a year. Wait till after the holidays and get you one, you will not be dissapointed.
StinkyFingerMullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2018, 05:50 AM   #13
StinkyFingerMullet
Registered Users-pm+

StinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to PirateStinkyFingerMullet has been promoted to Pirate
I also bought a grey WayPoints Hip Pack(small) from BackCountry and LOVE it. It consolidates all my BS.
StinkyFingerMullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2018, 08:51 AM   #14
habanerojooz
Registered Users-pm+

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Wading jacket

Any good brand of hooded rain jacket will work really. It’s not needed for warmth as that is what layering is for. Plus a non insulated rain jacket can be worn in the summer.

That said, the Simms guide jackets have the special cuff that keeps your arms and sleeves dry when you reach into water. This feature is really nice during the winter when you’re layered up. Wet sleeves during a cold wade is no fun.

One doesn’t have to buy the latest guide jacket to get this cuff. The older model Simms guide jackets are less expensive and they have this same cuff. Just make sure it’s a ‘guide’ series model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2018, 09:24 AM   #15
bassplayer
Registered Users-pm+

bassplayer has been promoted to Piratebassplayer has been promoted to Piratebassplayer has been promoted to Piratebassplayer has been promoted to Piratebassplayer has been promoted to Piratebassplayer has been promoted to Piratebassplayer has been promoted to Piratebassplayer has been promoted to Piratebassplayer has been promoted to Piratebassplayer has been promoted to Piratebassplayer has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyFingerMullet View Post
I buy some but not all Simms gear from https://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~simms/ I bought the $350 guide jacket from there for $180 and I love it. I think there hats and shirts are off spec and sent to these outlet store. Some of my shirts fit funny and I had a hat that fit like a Yamaka. lol But the jacket was all good.

Bad news for you is it looks like they are out of the Guide Jackets, they have been on there day in and day out for over a year. Wait till after the holidays and get you one, you will not be dissapointed.
^^^ This. SierraTP is good but keep an eye out occasionally as product comes and goes. Also check Facebook Market. I found a new Simms G4 jacket for half the cost from a local seller.
bassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message