Deal Alert - Tackle Warehouse Lews ProG - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #11
dlbpjb
Registered Users-pm+

dlbpjb has been promoted to Piratedlbpjb has been promoted to Piratedlbpjb has been promoted to Piratedlbpjb has been promoted to Piratedlbpjb has been promoted to Piratedlbpjb has been promoted to Piratedlbpjb has been promoted to Piratedlbpjb has been promoted to Piratedlbpjb has been promoted to Piratedlbpjb has been promoted to Piratedlbpjb has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
Fyi the hook spit corky is now $139(was $199). With coupon code corky it brings it down to $115 on their website

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Just tried it not taking the coupon code, guess its expired. Will just have to wait for the next one.
dlbpjb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #12
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
Speaking of Tackle Warehouse and Lew's, does anyone have any experience with the Lew's Tournament Pro LFS Casting Reel? Any feedback on it?

Thanks,

TH
Old 12-21-2018, 02:30 PM   #13
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by onplane View Post
Great heads-up. Now any leads on high modulus rod sales would be great. I've been looking at Hook Spit and others but find no seasonal discounts.
I don't know anything about Hookspit. What I lucked into the first time, but now plan for, is the boat show and fishing show in Houston. Laguna has some rods, seemingly every year, that are ordered and never picked up, or are models that don't sell all of the inventory. Catch them the first day or two of either the Boat Show or the Fishing Show and you can get great deals on some great rods.
ReedA1691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2018, 09:10 AM   #14
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouthunter View Post
Speaking of Tackle Warehouse and Lew's, does anyone have any experience with the Lew's Tournament Pro LFS Casting Reel? Any feedback on it?
about the only thing I can see is from the specs. It's all Aluminum, brass, and stainless the same that they build all their reels from. It's 6 bearing with a roller and anti reverse clutch bearing, and it has magnetic cast control... it doesn't say that has any centrifugal brake.. looks like it's only magnetic (which isn't a bad thing).

If you can find a ProG for the sale price i'd go with it over the Tournament LFS, but my suspicion of the Tournament LFS is for it's price range it's probably a decent little reel. You know as well as I do, you remember what we've all started fishing salt with. I think I caught my very first trout on a red Ambassador 5000... then we all moved to the Bantams, and the Green Curado was the first that real that held up and casted decently. I'd say this T LFS reel is spec'd close to what that old Curado was.. both Aluminum frames, brass gears, 6 bearings ish, ... It's sorta too bad they didn't make the spool green instead of blue LOL. I'm half tempted to buy one just to be able to recommend it to people looking for a $100 ish reel.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:07 PM   #15
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
I hear you Tobin and I agree lol. I bought one for my son and he'll let me know what he thinks of it.

Thanks, Merry Christmas!

TH
Old 12-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #16
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
I browsed the Lew’s website recently and noticed that the Tournament Pro G is no longer in their lineup of reels. I suspect it was done to make room for their newer models.

I may find and buy a couple of more Pro G’s for backups before they run out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message